Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Author Topic: 1 Corinthians 10:1-12, Part 1  (Read 822 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
1 Corinthians 10:1-12, Part 1
« on: February 15, 2023, 02:51:55 PM »
Christ Jesus: The Old Testament God Of War And Judgment, Part 1

Ever heard someone say, “The God of the Old Testament is a God of wrath, but the God of the New Testament is a God of love.” Though it sounds reasonable, this is actually a Gnostic teaching that originated from the mind of Satan himself in order to separate Christianity from its holy foundations. If the two were supposedly "different" Gods and contradictory to one another, Christ could be reinvented as less judgmental of sin, and even be presented as an enemy of the God of the Jews, as the Gnostics would go on to teach.
     But this whole notion that the Two were somehow different Gods gets exposed as fraudulent by our next passage, for Paul will soon describe Jesus, not as lenient on sin, but as the God of the Old Testament Himself; the same God who waged war against Israel's enemies and brought judgment upon those who turned against Him and became enemies as well, by giving themselves to evil gods and evil practices instead.
     This is why the Lord was described as a God of war in scripture. Certainly the Bible taught that He was a “compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, and abounding in love and faithfulness,” in particular towards the faithful (Exodus 34:6; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 4:31; Nehemiah 9:17; Psalm 86:5, 15; 108:4; 145:8; Joel 2:13). But to His enemies, the God of the Old Testament could become a nightmare, as was proven out on numerous occasions when pagan nations found themselves at war with Him. This is why military language and imagery was often used to describe Him:

3 The Lord is a man of war. Jehovah is His name. 4 Pharaoh’s chariots and his army He cast into the sea. His chosen captains are also drowned in the Red Sea. 5 The depths have covered them. They sank to the bottom like a stone. (Exodus 15:3-5)

15 Behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury and His rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by His sword the Lord will judge all flesh, and the slain of the Lord shall be many. (Isaiah 66:15-16)

As is about to become apparent from Paul's teachings, it's no coincidence that the Lord Jesus Christ would be described using much the same language in the New Testament:

It is a just thing with God to repay affliction to those afflicting you, and to you who are being afflicted rest together with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from Heaven together with the angels of His power, who in flaming fire will inflict vengeance upon those who do not know God, and those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These will pay the penalty, everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His strength, when He comes to be glorified among His saints, and admired amongst all those who have believed. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-10a)

In fact, the imagery used in the Book of Revelation regarding the Lord Jesus Christ is more bloody and graphic than virtually anything stated in the Old Testament regarding the God of Israel:

11 In righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 And out of His mouth went a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself will tread the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. (Revelation 19:11-15)

This, then, is the God the apostle Paul now warned the Corinthians they were dealing with, for just as He had not tolerated it in the wilderness, Christ would not tolerate the early church worshipping His enemies, nor would He tolerate them leading others astray into sin, rebellion and death. He had brought judgment upon the Israelites in the wilderness, and so too would He bring judgment upon them if they chose to engage in the same kinds of transgressions that led to the spiritual demise of many in the desert:

10 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness. 6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things just as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play”... these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the end of the ages has come. 12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. (1 Corinthians 10:1-7, 11-12)

A few verses later, the apostle Paul will make his point even more clearly, telling the Corinthians in no uncertain terms:

14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry... the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons. 22 Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He? (1 Corinthians 10:14, 20-22)

This, then, is why Paul will now set out to give several specific examples from Israel's history to show why they needed to avoid eating meats sacrificed to demons, beginning with the worship of the golden calf in the wilderness. In all these examples which Paul will provide, the Lord did not tolerate such sins among the Israelites, with the implication being that He would not tolerate them among the Corinthians either. They might even bring death to some if the Lord viewed their actions as having the potential to lead weaker believers into sin and spiritual death.

The Golden Calf, And Demon Worship In Egypt

According to Paul's teaching, it was the Lord Jesus Christ who was leading the Israelites through the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land via a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. This presented complications, however, for it meant leading them into a land they would have to take by force, for the Canaanites took control over the territory Abraham once inhabited when the Israelites stayed in Egypt. Now it would have to be retaken by conquest, and during this conquest not all the Israelites would make it, for as Paul said, some "lusted after evil things" and were destroyed.
     What did the Israelites "lust after" that ultimately ended many of their lives? Partaking of meats sacrificed to idols, and the sexual immorality that came with such worship, as becomes apparent through the first two examples Paul will give from Israel's history; the worship of the golden calf, and the worship of Baal-Peor. Paul was thus urging the Corinthians to not lust after similar things by referring to the former, telling them, "and do not become idolaters as some of them were. For as it is written, 'The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.'”
     The account of the Israelites worshipping the golden calf is given in the Book of Exodus, which Paul was quoting directly from in 1 Corinthians 10:7:

32 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, “Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.” 2 And Aaron said to them, “Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” 4 And he received the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf. Then they said, “This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!” 5 So when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it. And Aaron made a proclamation and said, “Tomorrow is a feast to the Lord.” 6 Then they rose early on the next day, offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings. And the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 7 And the Lord said to Moses, “Go, get down! For your people whom you brought out of the land of Egypt have corrupted themselves. 8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them. They have made themselves a molded calf, and worshiped it and sacrificed to it, and said, ‘This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!’... 33 And the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book. 34 Now therefore, go, lead the people to the place of which I have spoken to you. Behold, My angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit for punishment, I will visit punishment upon them for their sin.” 35 So the Lord plagued the people because of what they did with the calf which Aaron made (Exodus 32:1-2, 4-8, 33-35)

What exactly was meant by the phrase, "and they rose up to play"? Some have argued that it simply referred to engaging in religious revelry, such as dancing and singing in honor of the idol, accompanied by music. This much of the story is certainly confirmed by scripture, for Exodus states that this is what Moses witnessed when he came down from the mountain:

15 And Moses turned and went down from the mountain... 17 And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said to Moses, “There is a noise of war in the camp.” 18 But Moses said, “It is not the noise of the shout of victory nor the noise of the cry of defeat, but the sound of singing I hear.” 19 So it was, as soon as he came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing. So Moses’ anger became hot, and he cast the tablets out of his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain. (Exodus 32:15-19)

But things may have also been taking a subtle turn towards sexual immorality as well, for the Hebrew word for "play" here was “tsakhaq,” and related to the name Isaac, which meant “laughter.” This same word is used in Genesis 26:8, where it says, “Isaac was caressing Rebekah his wife.” If this was sexual innuendo, it suggests sexually suggestive "play" may have also been involved. Sexual immorality was indeed commonly associated with pagan worship during ancient times, especially in the land of Canaan into which the Israelites were now traveling.

Why did the Israelites fashion gold into the image of a calf? They just spent close to 400 years in Egypt, and one could argue they were simply recreating their own version of the god Apis, the Egyptian god pictured above. But there was likely more going on than just happenstance. The likelihood is that they were receiving some "help" if you will, and from all the wrong places. It is highly likely that a demonic spirit was at work trying to transfer the worship of Jehovah unto himself, and in the process doom the Israelites to destruction. This is because Egyptian worship was demonically-inspired throughout, and most of their gods revealed themselves as such, as is illustrated by the fact that they did not even hide behind statues of beautiful human forms like among the Greeks, but exposed their true nature. When taken up in spirit to witness the inner workings of Satan's kingdom back in the 1980s, Harold Pittman described seeing a number of classes of demons that he was told would play a pivotal role in ushering in the kingdom of the Antichrist in the coming end-times. One of these was specifically tasked with deceiving humanity through witchcraft, Satanism, occultism and false religions, and this class of demons often took the form of half human, half animal-like creatures, which is exactly how most of Egypt's "gods" are depicted on their wall paintings and base reliefs.

But in turn, these demons encouraged the Egyptians to worship even the animals they bore a strong resemblance to, and venerate them as their living representatives on earth. Such was the case with Banebdejet, the god worshipped in the city of Mendes. He was depicted as half man, half animal much like Mnevis was, only Banebdjedet had the head of a ram instead of a bull. With Banebdjedet, however, this "god" was associated with some of the most perverse sexual practices known to the ancient world. A "holy ram" was designated to represent him, kept in a sacred enclosure by the temple priests, and treated like the god himself. This ram was "supped 'with unfailing regularity [upon] the finest wheaten flour . . . seethed in milk, every kind of confection made with honey, and fowl either boiled or baked." It was also bathed regularly in warm water, anointed in sacred oils, fumigated with fine incense and bedecked with jewels, and then brought forth on certain occasions to copulate with human females in public.
     As one article states:

Foreigners, among them Hellenic and Roman chroniclers, penned salacious stories about the cult of the Living Ram, which may or may not have had a grain of truth to them. Banebdjedet and His ram had the epithet “Fornicating Ram Who Mounts the Beauties.” This not only refers to the fertile aspects of the god, but suggested something perverse about the Ram Lord and His living avatar’s sexual proclivities. In addition to mounting ewes from his harem, the Living Ram, it was rumored, also had sex with human women. Pindar refers to “Mendes, on the overhanging sea-cliff, at the farthest horn of the Nile, where the he-goats fornicate with women.” And when Herodotus visited the city during the mid-5th century BCE, he heard report of a recent public spectacle in which a ram had intercourse with a woman. And based on a mould from the site itself which Donald B. Redford helped to excavate, such coitus a tergo had become a motif in the art of the day. (Shadows of the Sun, Rssing.com)

As a result, bestiality was common in Egypt, including sex with cattle, dogs, and even crocodiles. This is because their "gods" were demons and endorsed such behavior, likely to encourage them to engage in acts that they knew would be an abomination to the True and Living God. Thus, it's likely that a demonic spirit was at work behind the scenes instigating things, and attempting to lead the Israelites into idolatry, fornication and potentially even sexual depravity, given how they immediately gravitated to the practices of sitting down to eat and rising up to play with the commencement of worship unto the golden calf.

It should be noted in closing that this particular Egyptian god perpetuated itself, becoming a manifestation of Amen-Ra in later Egyptian dynasties, and then surviving to become the inspiration behind the "goat of Mendes" which Satanists associate with their deity today, and the Sigil of Baphomet used in Satanic magick. Not coincidentally, Satanists are even more given over to sexual immorality than their ancient counterparts, and practice not only sex with animals but sex with demons, sex with children and infants, and every other form of sexual perversion and abomination known to man, with the full endorsement of their god. Satanists think the world would be a better place if it were under the rule of the Devil, but in reality it would be a horror story, and devolve quickly into the most oppressive, evil and perverted form of government this planet has ever seen.

These Things Were Written For Their Admonition

Was the worship of Aphrodite, the principle god of Corinth, just as depraved? Maybe not where perversion was concerned, but the city was being influenced to engage in a culture of sexual immorality that surpassed anything in Egypt. There were said to be a thousand temple prostitutes serving the goddess, and every woman in Corinth was required to give herself to the service of the goddess at least once in her life. Thus, prostitution was the city's main attraction, and the services that these women provided drew men from all over the ancient world. But most of them were professional, religious courtesans who for all intents and purposes were serving the will of an unclean and evil spirit.
     This is why the story of the golden calf was preserved for the Corinthian's admonition. The Greek "gods" were demons just as the gods of the Egyptians were, and although they were more sanitized and portrayed using statues that represented them in beautiful human forms, as discussed in previous studies, the real "gods" hiding behind these statues were actually grotesque and evil, and intent only on bringing the inhabitants of the land into spiritual bondage, deception and suffering.
     It was for such reasons that the Corinthians should have gone to WAR against these evil spirits, not endorsed their worship. Christ had delivered Israel out of the power of Egypt, and out from under the power of their gods, putting their magicians to an open shame before the Pharaoh and his court (Exodus 7-8). But some of the believers in Corinth were practically acquiescing to similar demons of their region. Had things changed so much to where Christ had now reconciled Himself with demonic spirits? At the very least, the Corinthians should have shunned these "gods" as the evil beings they were, but instead some were not only partaking of their sacrifices but even citing bodily needs as a potential justification for fornicating with the Temple prostitutes (1 Corinthians 6:12-16). Both these practices - the eating of meats sacrificed to idols, and engaging in temple prostitution - were associated with worshipping these "gods," not denouncing and exposing them, so one can understand Paul's concern. Those committing these sins were in danger of making the same mistakes the Israelites had when they "sat down to eat, and rose up to play." It was likely demons or possibly even Satan himself who incited the Israelites to do these things, seeking to usurp the worship of Jehovah in the wilderness and draw them unto himself. As a result, many who had been delivered by the Lord from Egypt died in the wilderness, never living to see length of days, let alone enjoy the land the True God was promising to bring them to.
     This is why Paul said that such stories had been recorded for their "admonition." This was just a fancy word for saying they had been written to warn them not to make the same mistakes the Israelites had. As Paul had already warned them and would again in the next Chapter, the same judgments potentially awaited them if they made the same mistakes.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells within you? If anyone brings the temple of God to corruption, God shall bring him to corruption, for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

Let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For the one who eats and drinks, not discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment unto himself. Because of this, many among you are weak and sick, and many have fallen asleep. But if we would discern ourselves we would not be judged. But being judged, we are chastised by the Lord, that we not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:28-32)

Links to sources:
https://shadows337.rssing.com/chan-6329316/all_p4.html

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 08:47:08 PM by Hidden In Him »