Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
Holidays
May 5: Cinco de Mayo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 47
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Author Topic: Colossians 1:24-28  (Read 1999 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
Colossians 1:24-28
« on: February 19, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
Faithlessness About Heaven's Riches Blinds The Eyes Of Many

Just as it is today, it appears that many in New Testament times, despite believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, still had a tough time fully believing in everything awaiting them in Heaven after they died. Paul was therefore often praying for them that their eyes become fully opened to know all the riches of the inheritance that waited them in the afterlife if they continued to trust in Christ for salvation. As Paul now told the Colossians, this was a big part of the gospel, and what he had been commissioned by God to tell them. And what he was telling them about Heaven was based upon personal experience, seeing as how he had been taken up to Third Heaven himself as a witness (2 Corinthians 12:1-7).
     As he also added, he was fulfilling this commission despite continuing to suffer affliction and persecution from unbelievers:

I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what the riches of the glory of this mystery is amongst the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory, whom we preach, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfected in Him. (Colossians 1:24-28)

What was Paul referring to here by the expression "the hope of glory." It is clear from another passage in Ephesians, a letter he wrote around the same time, that Paul was referring to the glory of God that permeates Heaven. These were the "riches of their inheritance," which they could expect to enjoy in eternity:

I do not cease giving thanks over you, making mention in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the recognition of Him, the eyes of your heart having been enlightened for you to know what is the hope of His calling, what the riches of the glory of His inheritance is amongst the saints, and what the surpassing greatness of His power is toward us, those believing in accordance with the supernatural energy of the dominion of His strength, which He made manifest in Christ in having raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in heavenly places. (Ephesians 1:15-20)

The expressions "the hope of glory," and "the hope of His calling" were here synonymous. They both referred to "the riches of the glory of His inheritance amongst the saints," or in other words the riches awaiting them in Heaven. As Paul very specifically told the Colossians, God wanted to make these things known to the Gentiles! What then was the problem? Unbelief and skepticism. Believers coming out of the world are often skeptical of such promises, because they often sound "too good to be true" for them. Others regard them as "too materialistic." But both Paul and Peter used the words "inheritance" and "riches" when talking about our heavenly reward, and both words are about as "materialistic" as you can get. The fact is that these promises are true, but unfortunately faithlessness stands in the way of many becoming fully enlightened to them. So Paul was praying that their eyes be enlightened to fully know what awaited them.
    Many are in the same place today. They are even told by their leaders not to trust in the multiple heavenly accounts God is still giving to the church today, and still wants the church to know about. Instead, they are told only go by what is in the Bible, which in and of itself actually contains very few details about Heaven.
     What is the answer for this? The same answer Paul was using. We still tell others about the riches God wanted to make known to believers, while praying for them that the eyes of their hearts might be opened to fully believe in it!   
     In this light, the following are excerpts from modern accounts of what believers have witnessed in heavenly visions and dreams. Keep in mind that these experiences were not limited to those of only one denominational or doctrinal background. The Lord wants all His children to know of and believe in these things. Thus, the following excerpts are taken from a broad cross-section of modern accounts, yet they often bear similar details which confirm one another.
     These should not be taken as in any way an exhaustive description of Heaven, but merely small representative descriptions of what certain aspects of Heaven will be like.

Mansions, Architecture And Furniture

Just as Christ Himself promised the disciples, many report seeing mansions throughout Heaven. These mansions are not just materializing out of thin air. The saints are being allowed to build them for one another out of love for each other, just as families on earth sometimes do:

I have interviewed a hundred and three people who have died and come back now, and everyone that’s had a near death experience since 1960 has seen construction going on there. There was an anticipation, getting ready for a large number of people… They were building, very much the same [as on earth], only the architecture was so awesome it would take many programs to describe. (Betty Maltz, Messianic Vision, Sid Roth Radio Program).

On my way to the Throne of God. I saw an avenue just off the street I was walking on... On this avenue there were mansions beyond compare. I was told that they were for missionaries. Everything they'd given, they'd given to the Lord. I believe that in Heaven, God rewards everything that we can't receive on earth. I was taken to one house on the street on which I was walking. It was a single mansion carved out of a single, giant pearl. The house seemed to be two hundred fifty to three hundred feet across and one hundred feet tall... even the chandelier had been carved out of the pearl and it was lit. It glowed from within...
     Of all the buildings I saw in Heaven, none of them had locks on any doors, and the doors were not closed. Whether they were mansions, smaller homes, or apartment buildings (yes, some people liked living in condominiums in Heaven), all were open. Everyone who comes by is perfectly welcome to enter, whether you are there or not. But, out of respect, I don't believe anyone enters anyone else's home when the resident is not there.
     I saw houses that were brightly lit from the inside and whose architecture was beautiful. In Heaven, it seems the architecture includes large pillars. Every home had large porches with pillars and huge archways. Some of the houses were made out of what appeared to be a type of brick or stone material. Others were made out of a type of wood. Yet as I looked, there were no nails or even pegs. Not a piece was sawn, but everything was crafted and fit perfectly together.
     I saw a veranda on one home that looked like it was made of onyx. You could see through it; it was as clear as glass. Inlaid in the porch were precious stones and gold and silver, and there were great diamonds... I saw a home made of clear stone, embedded with roses that were alive and growing, and gave off the most beautiful aroma. When I put my ear up to anything solid in Heaven, I heard it humming the most beautiful songs. Some of the songs were ones we sing on earth, but others were not. Everything gave praise and glory to the Lord. (Sigmund, My Time In Heaven, P.38-40)

As we went up a path, I saw a gigantic house above the trees. I know it was a mansion, and that it didn't simply look that way because I was a little boy... Jesus and I waited for what seemed like a period of about three minutes, and then He knocked again, before anyone ever came to the door. A man opened the door... [and] then invited us inside; Jesus and I walked in and sat down in what I would call a living room or den area. The furniture there is different from that on earth in this respect: It is as if comfort "lives" in the furniture of Heaven. Earthly furniture becomes uncomfortable after you sit in it for awhile, and you find yourself squirming and shifting periodically. In Heaven, comfort finds you. I sat down on a black velvet couch, and comfort reached up and "cuddled" me. I was so comfortable that I never had to move once.
     After we finished talking, the man took us through the house. His mansion seemed just like houses on earth, but it was total perfection. The windows had curtains over them. The walls were decorated with paintings, which in this in this particular house reminded me of modern art on earth, except better.
     Also, there were photographs of the man's family members, and there were plants everywhere. In addition, the mansion was filled with beautiful furniture and luxuries. Some things I did not recognize.
     Each mansion was suited to the person who lived there, for every child of God has his or her own mansion in Heaven (John 14:2). This one had different rooms, such as dining room, living room, kitchen, den, and so forth. (I am sure there were bedrooms, but I did not go upstairs). (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.28-30)

We soon reached [the home], and I was truly charmed with it in every way. It was fashioned much like my brother Nell's home, and built of polished woods. It was only partly finished, and was most artistically done. Although uncompleted, I was struck with the fact that everything was perfect so far as finished. There was no debris anywhere; no chips, no shavings, no dust. The wood seemed to have been perfectly prepared elsewhere - where, I have no idea. The pieces were made to fit accurately, like the parts of a great puzzle. It required much skill and artistic taste to properly adjust each in its place... [and] the house was slowly growing into beauty and symmetry. (Springer, My Dream Of Heaven, P.42-43)

Frank led Rebecca up the stairs to the veranda and into the house between large marble columns. The reception hall had an inlaid floor, a window with mullioned glass and a wide, low stairway. Before Rebecca could speak, Frank took her hands and welcomed her to her heavenly home... He led her into a large room made of polished, pale grey marble. The walls and floors, however, were covered with beautiful roses of every type and color. Attempting to gather some up so she would not crush them, Rebecca found them to be embedded in the marble! Frank explained to her that a group of boys and girls had come to the house one day asking if it really were for the Springers. Upon being told that it was, they replied that they had loved the couple and wanted to help make the house even more beautiful. The girls, who carried bouquets of roses, began to toss them over the floors and against the walls, where they remained attached, giving the appearance of fresh flowers. The boys produced tool cases, and through some celestial art embedded each flower in the marble.
     Rebecca asked Frank who these young people were, and he named them for her. She realized that her love for these children on earth had brought her additional happiness in Heaven. (Rebecca Springer's account, as told by Roberts Lairdon, We Saw Heaven, P.102-103)

Gardens, Fountains, Trees And Flowers

It is also said that there are fountains, walkways and beautiful gardens everywhere, making the overall landscape look like one giant park, whether you are in the cities or the suburbs:

Each building in the city was extremely large and perfectly integrated with all the others. The entire city gave the impression of being one garden of flowers, one grove of shady trees, one gallery of sculptures, and one sea of fountains. All of these together with the buildings, formed an unbroken expanse of sumptuous architecture set in a surrounding landscape of matching beauty. This was then overarched by a colored sky that bathed every object in its incredible and ever-changing shades. (Davis, Nine Days In Heaven, P.26)

Look where I would, I saw, half-hidden by the trees, elegant and beautiful houses of strangely attractive architecture... I caught glimpses of sparkling fountains in many directions, and close to my retreat flowed a river with water clear as crystal. The walks that ran in many directions through the grounds appeared to me to be, and I afterward found were, of pearl, spotless and pure, bordered on either side by narrow streams of water running over stones of gold. The one thought that fastened itself upon me was "Purity, purity!"... The grass and flowers looked as though fresh-washed by summer showers, and not a single blade was any color but the brightest green. The air was soft and balmy though invigorating; and instead of sunlight there was a golden and rosy glory everywhere, something like the afterglow of a Southern sunset in midsummer. (Springer, My Dream Of Heaven, P.7-8)

There is no death in Heaven, so not even plants nor trees nor grass can die:

I also looked at the trees we passed. The leaves swayed back and forth, dancing and praising as we passed. You would have thought a great wind was blowing through the land. The grass was green, the very essence of green, and very soft. After we passed, the footprints in the grass sprang back into perfection, immediately erasing any footprints. Many men will be happy to know that you never have to mow the lawn in Heaven! The grass is always the same length, and if a leaf falls it disappears. There is no rotten fruit on the trees, because death and decay have no part in Heaven. (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.32)

As we walked along, we came to a path of flowers. Their fragrance and beauty were beyond human reasoning. At first, I didn't want to step on them, but the angel said, "Walk on them." So I did. I was amazed that the flowers were not crushed as we stepped on them, but I realized there is no death in Heaven. Instead, each blossom popped back up and seemed to turn towards us as we passed, so that we could always see their beauty. I noticed there were no brown leaves on any plants. (Duplantis, Heaven: Close Encounters Of The God Kind, P.79-80)

It is also reported that along with mansions, each person has a garden all their own, where the Lord can meet with them personally; a garden distinctly their own, where only the types of trees, plants, flowers and herbs that they like best grow.
     As Anna Rountree recorded:

I stood facing the three-tiered fountain in the center of the garden. Cool, clear water flowed from its top and gently pooled in its widely-rimmed basin. The large flowering apricot tree arched over the fountain, with the bench for two at its base.
     I let my eyes rest upon the colors and varieties of the plantings within the walled area. All sorts of scented herbs grew among the jonquils, tulips and daffodils. The fruit-bearing trees and vines were heavy with flowers, but they also had leaves and the rudiments of both summer and fall fruit. As with the trees and the vines, the flowers of spring, summer and fall were all blooming at the same time within the beds.
     A slight breeze blew across the garden, stirring the aromas. The fragrance was unique. On earth we do not experience the three growing seasons together. I was reminded of Aaron's staff, that sprouted, blossomed and bore fruit at the same time. (Rountree, The Priestly Bride, P.19-20)

Many Kinds Of Fruit Grow In Heaven

Then there are the fruit trees, which bear incredibly delicious fruit of many different kinds all year round. This is reported by virtually every account:

The man gave me a large fruit to eat that looked something like an apple, and it was very delicious... Eating in Heaven is something people seem to have a problem with believing. Yet the apostle John wrote about the marriage supper of the Lamb (Revelation 19:19). Also, John wrote of seeing the Tree of Life, which has twelve kinds of fruit that it yields every month (Revelation 22:2). (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.30-31)

Frank and Rebeca then traversed a marble terrace, and a staircase that wound down to the lawn. Tree branches filled with ripe fruit hung close to the terrace. Some of the fruits seemed to resemble those on earth, only with a far superior consistency and flavor. Although she bit into a fruit similar to a pear and its juice ran off her hands and down her dress, there were no stains left on her clothing and her hands were as clean as if she had washed them. Frank explained that no impurity could remain in Heaven's environment. Rebecca realized that this was the explanation for why no [dead] fruit lay under the trees. (Lairdon, We Saw Heaven, P.104)

The fruit-laden branches of the trees hung within easy reach of the terrace, and I noticed as I stood there that morning seven varieties. One kind resembled our fine Bartlett pair, only much larger and infinitely more delicious to the taste, as I soon found out. Another variety was in clusters, the fruit also pair-shaped, but smaller than the former and of a consistency and flavor similar to the finest frozen cream. A third, something like a banana in shape, they called "bread-fruit." It was not unlike our dainty finger-rolls to the taste... food for the elegant repast was here provided without labor or care. My brother gathered some of the different varieties and bade me try them... The rich juice from the pearl-like fruit ran out profusely over my hands and the front of my dress. "Oh!" I cried, "I have ruined my dress, I fear!"
     My brother laughed genially, as he said, "Show me the stains."
     To my amazement, not a spot could I find. (Springer, My Dream Of Heaven, P.27-28)

I ate this fruit. It was a copper-colored type of fruit. It was sweet-tasting, and very juicy. I bit into it and it went down my face. I was embarrassed. I went like [motioning that he bent down and tried to clean his face]. But he said, "It's alright," and that it would give me strength. (Duplantis, Close Encounters Of The God Kind DVD, Chapter 14)

Children Are Educated By The Angels

The education of children in Heaven is far superior to anything on earth, with each child developing talents and skills according to their particular aptitudes that are far beyond the capacity of even full grown adults on earth to muster. And yet despite being trained to be immensely talented, they are never jealous of each other, only possessing a desire to be blessings to others:

Marietta, the angel and the two children began to ascend to a beautiful city surrounded by flowers and stately buildings, shady trees and colorful melodious birds. The further they went, the more beautiful and melodious the buildings and the whole atmosphere became. The numerous avenues led to a central area where there was a building that appeared to be constructed of delicately carved marble. It supported a vast dome.
     This was the home of all the infants in Heaven. Along the avenues, there had been other buildings. These were the "nurseries" where infants were first brought and instructed in the truths of Heaven.
     This angelic servant proceeded to explain that when an infant died on earth, the guardian angel escorted it to Heaven and grouped it with others of similar artistic, scientific or social abilities, were that child could best develop... In the nurseries, these babies were loving tended and instructed by angels, who also played the most beautiful music imaginable for the tiny ones whom they had been entrusted. (Lairdon, We Saw Heaven, P.84-85)

I saw that as children grew older they began to attend school, just as they do on earth. But there schools were amazing. I was not permitted to know what they were taught. A chid in Heaven is far above the highest level of intelligence here. Children would learn things that geniuses on earth could not possibly know or understand. (Sigmund, My Time In Heaven, P.35)

I saw the Lord draw little children to Himself. He would hug them and talk with them. He seemed to be so refreshed that they were with Him.
     A little girl who looked about eight years old and had beautiful, blonde hair came up to me. She knew me, and I recognized her, too. I remembered that she had died of cancer. I think she was some kind of ambassador in Heaven, because all she did was go from group to group and sing glorious songs...
     Then she said, "Brother Richard, would you like to hear me sing?"
     She started singing in the most beautiful soprano voice you could imagine. This was the most beautiful song I had ever heard - and the girl's talent was especially remarkable because of her apparently young age.
     She was not the only child I saw. There were many others, each with abilities far greater than any adult's on earth... In one place I saw a young boy sitting before a piano that seemed to extend a hundred feet in every direction. It looked like a grand piano, yet in the middle of it stood an upright harp... he played the most beautiful music. It was a little like Bach, a little like Brahms, and a little like Beethoven. Yet I cannot tell you what the song was. When I left Heaven, I left the tune there.
     But there was music, and there were words to that song, ad people joined in. While this child was playing the piano, the angels were standing at attention. Some had their arms raised, worshipping God. The notes of the song that this little boy were playing reverberated through Heaven. Choirs were joining in. It was unbelievable. It was glorious. And the little child was leading all of it. (Sigmund, My Time In Heaven, P.30-31)

... [yet] there was no rivalry or desire for selfish glory. Rather, each group in each nursery was united to the more mature groups. In some way I could sense that each little child was filled with holy love and a desire to grow in wisdom, to be capable of being used as an angel of light and loveliness. I could see that each one loved to learn from those above them, and they were devoting themselves completely to unselfish acts of love. (Davis, Nine Days In Heaven, P.27)

Children Play And Communicate With Animals

Despite engaging in advanced learning, like any good childhood on earth, the children are nevertheless encouraged to enjoy their youth. So playing and having fun makes up a large segment of their day: 

I saw children who were old enough to walk and play and run, and they played just as they would on earth... [one] game was to see how far they could jump. Children would jump a hundred or two hundred feet in the air and float down like butterflies. It was an amazing sight.
     I didn't see anyone play baseball, but I did see children climb tall trees and jump out of them, floating down like little cotton balls. It was great excitement for them. No harm could come to them - they were in no possible danger.
     I saw children playing along the shores of the seas and the lakes. They played in the water, on the water, and under the water; they swam through the water or just sat at the bottom of the lake... In one place, I saw children having footraces. They ran faster than a horse on earth can run. It was amazing. In another place, I saw them riding horses. The horses loved it, and they loved the children. The horses had the power of thought and the power of speech. It was a wonderful experience. (Sigmund, My Time In Heaven, P.34-35)

Jesus and I continued walking. As we went over a few hills, I noticed more things. I saw all kinds of animals, every kind you could think of, from A to Z. Sometimes people have questioned this, but if you think about it, why should there not be animals in Heaven? The Bible talks about horses in Heaven, so why would God have only one kind of animal?... I saw a dog, a baby goat, and a lion of great strength. There were birds singing in the trees, all sizes of birds, and they seemed to be singing the same song. After they stopped singing, it almost seemed as if they were talking among themselves!
     There were other animals that I saw at a distance, but I could not identify them. They neither ran from people nor attacked them, however. All were calm and peaceful. Fear cannot be found in Heaven. (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.31-32)

The surroundings and the grassy lawn far surpassed anything on earth... the boys saw trees bearing delicious fruit, beautiful expanses of fragrant flowers, exotically-colored birds with their glorious songs, and animals of all sorts, both familiar animals such as deer, lions, elephants and rabbits, and those they had never seen before. They even climbed upon lion's back, ran their fingers through his mane and put their hands in his mouth! There was no hostility or danger there. (Lairdon, We Saw Heaven, P.144)

"Business," Trade Skills, And Giving & Receiving

As alluded to previously, both children and adults are trained in skills they have the most aptitude for, and these skills are put to work for the betterment of others, whether they be sculptors, painters, musicians, teachers, singers, bookmakers, clothing makers, craftsman, architects, builders, etc. But rather than an exchange of money, there appears to be a pattern of giving and receiving that is continually going on instead:

After showing me all over the house, he at last drew aside the hangings before the entrance, beyond which were two rooms, not only entirely furnished but beautifully furnished as well.
     "I finished and furnished these rooms complete, so that if my mother came before the house was finished she could occupy them at once. You know, there is no noise from workmen here; no hammering, no unwelcome sounds."
     "It is very beautiful, my dear boy," I said enthusiastically... "But did you make the stained-glass windows also?"
     "No. I have a friend who has been taught that art, and we exchange work. He helps me with the windows, and I in turn help him with his fine woodwork and inlaying. I am going to make a 'flower room' for my mother similar to yours, only of lilies and violets, which will retain their perfume always." (Springer, My Dream Of Heaven, P.43-44)

We passed towns, buildings and little offices. The buildings were for whatever "business" or interaction that takes place in Heaven. I saw people coming and going, and they were all smiling. Some sang songs I recognized from earth, and some sang heavenly songs that I never heard. They carried little bundles, and some of them carried books. I do not believe there was an exchange of money, but people were going in and out of those buildings to get things. I saw a woman walk into one place with a little bundle of goods of some kind and walk out with a book. (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.27-28)

And just as in New Testament times, the great teachers and spiritual leaders in Heaven operate in giving and receiving by continuing to instruct others in the things of God, just as they did while on earth:

David took me into a house - I don't know who it belonged to. We waked into a beautiful foyer and by the wall in the corner I saw the apostle Paul siting with several men. He and the men were discussing the word of God. Paul was short! I noticed as he was sitting on the bench that his feet didn't touch the ground... I wanted to talk to him for a long time. He is still a teacher, and I sensed that Paul knew of deeper revelations that we will enjoy learning once we are in Heaven.... He's still explaining and teaching others about God. (Duplantis, Heaven: Close Encounters Of The God Kind, P.95-96)

I felt weaker and weaker as we approached the Throne Room. It looked to me like millions of people were there. Looking around, I saw twenty-four empty seats near the Throne. I said, "I've read in the scriptures about the twenty-four elders. Where are they?"
     "Jesse, we're servants here," David told me as he had earlier. "They're out in the city and in Paradise, blessing and helping people. We help people here. Everyone serves." (Duplantis, Heaven: Close Encounters Of The God Kind, P.111)

Great Events, Gatherings, And Praise Services

Heaven is essentially one huge family, and as with any large family, get togethers with ones closest friends are quite common, and part of Heaven's never-ending lifestyle: 

As I was passing by one street corner - whether I was walking or floating, I do not know, for an angel was holding me by the arm - I wanted to stop and see a specific mansion that belonged to another missionary. We stopped for a moment. It appeared to be made of solid gold, but there was wood also. There were hundreds of people in this mansion. They were all people whom this missionary had led to the Lord. He had been a part of their families' lives. Now, they were still part of his big family, and they were really joyous. (Sigmund, My Time In Heaven, P.38-39)

What should come as no surprise is that glorious worship services play a huge role in the lifestyle of those who inhabit Heaven. Even great preaching services eventually turn into worship, just as sometimes place in great church services on earth, only in Heaven the worship is far more glorious and beautiful. Thousands dancing unto the Lord in unison sometimes becomes a form of heavenly worship as well:

Soon I saw a huge building resembling a convention center here on earth. Thousands of people were going into it. The building had a glowing circle around it.
     Jesus and I were met by two angels who escorted us down to the second row, where two seats were reserved. People greeted us on the way down to our seats. There was not a sad face in the entire place. You would have though we were at a family reunion where people had not seen one another in years. They were hugging and kissing each other, and saying, "How are you? Glory to God!" They seemed to be permeated with an attitude of love...
     As soon as we were seated, a holy hush came swept over the entire auditorium. You literally could have heard a pin drop. From the right of the stage, 500 to 600 praisers walked out. These were people, not angels. They were dressed similarly to a church choir on earth. They wore robes, and everything about them was absolute perfection. These saints were smiling as they walked out on stage. All of a sudden they began to praise God and lost all resemblance of a formal choir.
     Their hands went up, their voices lifted in praise songs, and they began to dance. The audience joined in, not ashamed to praise God either. Everyone lifted their hands, praised God, and jumped up and down. The service seemed to last about two hours.
     No one led, but everyone moved in unison. In spite of the singing and dancing, everything was doe in perfect order - everything. There was never a dead space of silence. The praise never died down, but grew in power and momentum. When I looked over at Jesus, He was smiling widely, and obviously enjoying the service. (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.35-36)

Not long after this my brother said, "We will go to the grand auditorium this morning; it will be a rare day even here. Martin Luther is to talk on 'The Reformation: Its Causes And Effects,' and this will be supplemented by a talk from John Wesley. There may also be other speakers."
     The mighty dome was supported by massive columns of alternate amethyst and jasper. There were no walls to the vast edifice; only the great dome and supporting columns. A broad platform of precious marbles, inlaid with porphyry, arose from the center, from which the seats ascended on three sides, forming an immense amphitheater. The seats were of cedar wood highly polished, and at the back of the platform were heavy hangings of royal purple. An altar of solid pearl stood near the center of the platform.
     When we entered, we found the building filled with people eagerly waiting for what was to follow. Soft strains of melody floated about us from an invisible choir; and before long Martin Luther, in the prime of vigorous manhood, ascended the steps and stood before us...
     His discourse itself would fill a volume... he held s inthralled with the power of his will and his eloquence. When he at length retired, John Wesley took his place... His theme was "God's Love," and if in the earth life he dwelt upon it with power, he now swept our souls with the fire of his exultation until we were as wax in his hands. He showed us what love had done for us, and how an eternity of thanksgiving and praise could never repay it.
     Silence, save for the faint, sweet melody of the unseen choir, rested upon the vast audience for some time after he left. All seemed lost in contemplation... Then the heavy curtains in back of the platform parted, and a tall form, about whom all the glory of Heaven seemed to center, emerged and advanced towards the middle of the platform. Instantly the vast concourse of souls arose to their feet and burst forth as with one voice... "All hail the power of Jesus' name. Let angels prostrate fall. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all." Such a grand chorus of voices, such unity, such harmony, such volume, was never heard on earth. It rose, it swelled, it seemed to fill not only the auditorium but Heaven itself... A flood of glory seemed to fill the place, and looking upward we beheld the great dome ablaze with golden light... He was the center of all light, and a divine radiance surrounded Him that was beyond compare. (Springer, My Dream Of Heaven, P.81-84)     

When Jesus appeared on the "sea of glass," a great shout went up; those singing burst into spontaneous rejoicing at the sight of Him. We had entered the Third Heaven at what seemed to be the back of the Throne Room.
     The redeemed began to dance as one - sidestepping in a swift, gliding movement, as dancers on earth might in an old-fashioned courante. The movements were rigorous and joyful. Those passing near us would reach out a hand to touch Jesus; He reached out to touch hand after hand of those passing by in the dance. All were laughing. I was certain the dance was spontaneous. The redeemed were dancing by the power of the Holy Spirit, thousands upon thousands led by the Spirit Himself...
     The thousands of dancers gathered into circles, each circle containing about twenty-four dancers. They began circling and weaving in and out within the rings. Some were laughing, but everywhere there was rejoicing. They began to sing as they danced. "Again and again we sing of His glory. Again and again rejoice in our God." All were executing the same movements, twirling and whirling within the circles, and singing the same song everywhere on the sea of glass. (Rountree, The Heavens Opened, P.77-79)

These are just a few excerpts from various heavenly accounts that have made it into print, but they are enough to demonstrate it will be a truly wonderful place for those who spend eternity there, by the grace of Almighty God.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:23:29 PM by Hidden In Him »