Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 167
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Author Topic: 1 Corinthians 1:26-2:5  (Read 3988 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
1 Corinthians 1:26-2:5
« on: November 18, 2013, 04:22:55 PM »
The Weak Will Shame The Strong During The End-Times

What did it mean when Paul told the Corinthians, "Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God, for the 'fool' of God is wiser than men and the 'weakling' of God is stronger than men'"? Christ was a "weakling" in the world's eyes in that He was crucified by the Romans, thereby appearing to possess no strength or authority in the earth. In reality, however, He possessed greater authority and power than any man on earth, and they were only able to crucify Him because He willingly allowed them to in order to fulfill His mission (John 19:11). At any time He could have called forth twelve legions of angels to stop it (Matthew 26:52-53).
     So, too, was the Lord doing similar things through believers. He promised His disciples that if they were bitten by deadly serpents or drank any poisonous thing it would not hurt them, and that they would fulfill their commission to preach the gospel to the world (Mark 16:15-18). Likewise, the Lord personally promised the apostle Paul that He would deliver him from every attempt Satan made to try and kill him, and that he would one day stand before kings to give his testimony about Jesus being the Christ (Acts 26:17).
     Paul now reminding the Corinthians that the same sort of principles applied to them. They too were "weaklings" in the eyes of the world, yet were being supernaturally enabled through the power of the Spirit of God within them to carry out their callings: 

For you see from your calling, brothers, that not many are wise according to the flesh, not many are powerful, not many are of prominence. But God chose the fools of the world that He might shame the wise, and God chose the weaklings of the world that He might shame the strong, and God chose those who have no prominence in the world, and are despised, and not esteemed, that He might depose those who are, so that no flesh might boast before God. But because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom and righteousness and holiness and redemption from God, such that, as it has been written, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:26-31)

Because Paul knew God used the weak to shame the strong, he deliberately chose to walk in weakness rather than in strength. As shall be seen, he embraced affliction and fasting as a way of life, and came before congregations not in great physical and intellectual prowess but as a man whose appearance and delivery were unimpressive. But this was so their faith might not rest in human strength but in the power of God that was sustaining him:

And having come to you, brothers, I did not come announcing the mystery of God unto you in accordance with the excellency of rhetoric or wisdom. For I decided not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him having been crucified. And I came before you in weakness and fear and much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and power, that your faith might not rest in human wisdom but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)

That Paul didn't look like much in the flesh is indeed confirmed by what he said to the Corinthians in his second letter:

By the humility and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am “timid” when face to face with you, but “bold” toward you when away! I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be... For some say, “His letters are weighty and forceful, but in person he is unimpressive and his speaking amounts to nothing.” Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present. (2 Corinthians 10:1-2, 10-11 NIV)

Paul appeared weak in the flesh because he was weak in the flesh, having endured floggings, beatings and even being stoned on one occasion. Yet his physical weakness opened the door for the Power of the Spirit to rest upon him. He understood that God's power was present with him the most when he was at his weakest physically, and because he wanted others to trust in the power of God rather than in human strength and intellect, he embraced weakness not merely as a hardship he had to endure but as a physical condition that was advantageous to ministry.     
     Unfortunately, not many Christian leaders follow this example today. Most particularly, those with television ministries draw attention to themselves and their physical appearance. Yet in doing so they are inadvertently drawing attention away from Christ's strength to their own and preaching just the opposite of what they should. The purpose of this study is to restore proper teaching on the principle that God used the weak to shame the strong during New Testament times, and will do so again when the power of God is made manifest through them during the end-times.   

God's Power Was Being Made Manifest In Weakness

In 2nd Corinthians, Paul went into detail on what first brought him to this revelation that walking in physical weakness was actually advantageous to the gospel. In praying unto God to deliver him from the angel Satan had assigned to persecute Paul no matter where he went (see 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 NIV), the Lord informed him that it was in the best interest of the gospel that this persecution continue, despite the fact that such persecutions were keeping Paul from being lifted up in the eyes of others as someone to be listened to: 

... because of the excellency of the revelations, there was given unto me a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan, that he might assault me so that I not be lifted up. Three times over this I requested from the Lord that [this angel] might depart from me. Yet He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for in [your] weakness My power is being made manifest." Therefore, I will rather most gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in physical abuses, in bodily necessities, and in persecutions and confinements for Christ's sake: For whenever I may be physically weak, then I am powerful. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

What was God's answer to Paul? "My grace is sufficient to you, for in [your] weakness My power is being made manifest." This answer from God reveals it is actually God's ultimate plan for Christian ministry. He desired Paul to walk in weakness, a truth Paul came to realize it only after his requests for deliverance from the angel were denied three times. After realizing this truth, Paul determined to boast only in his weaknesses, because this is what was causing the power of Christ dwell upon him evermore continually. Many ministers today only see visitations from the Spirit of God sporadically and for brief periods of time because they are not keeping themselves in a place of weakness such that the Spirit of God might dwell upon them more continually.
     It should be noted here that many translations have, "For Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships..." This translation entirely hides the meaning of what Paul was trying to say. He was talking here about physical abuses, i.e. beatings, floggings, etc. Whatever experiences made him physically weak, since these were what was causing the power of God to rest upon him. These also included such experiences as going without proper clothing and sleep (see 2 Corinthians 11:27), and spending weeks of confinement in prison, where he would kept in chains and poorly fed.

But some might ask, "If we are not being persecuted as Paul was, what then? How are we supposed to walk in weakness as Paul did?" For starters, any Christian who is not suffering some form of persecution should look very closely at what they're teaching; the Devil will always move to prevent the true word  from being taught and received. But granted, persecution is not nearly as bad in the West as in many Middle-eastern countries. Nevertheless, in response to the question, Paul fasted to keep himself weak regardless of persecution, and this is something any Christian in any religious climate today can do today to likewise weaken the flesh.
     As Paul recorded regarding the many things he endured for Christ's sake in 2nd Corinthians:

I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked. I spent a night and a day in the open sea. In traveling frequently I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles, in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea, in danger from false brethren, [serving God] amid labor and toil, frequent sleeplessness, hunger and thirst, frequent fastings, [and] cold and nakedness. (2 Corinthians 11:23-27)

That Paul would mention hunger and thirst and then add "in fastings" means these were deliberate fastings, not fasting out of necessity because of a lack of food. So, too, would he refer to fastings in connection with "watching," i.e. staying awake and praying in the midst of dangerous situations, which again indicated these were voluntary fastings and watchings which made their lives commendable unto God.   

In everything, we commend ourselves as God's servants: In great endurance, in afflictions, in bodily necessities, in difficulties, in riots, in labors, in watchings, in fastings... (2 Corinthians 6:4-5)

Again, the important point to understand is that Paul became a proponent of bodily weakness. Contrary to the teaching of some, he was not simply listing all he had to endure for Christ's sake. Paul was trying to communicate this principle to the Corinthians so that the power of God might dwell upon them in abundance, and it is a teaching God now desires to fully restore to His people in the end-times.

Despite His Weakness, Satan Could Not Kill Paul

But one would ask, "But how could Paul hope to keep himself alive amid Satan's relentless attacks against him if he was so weak in the flesh?" Quite simply, the power of God manifested on his behalf, even raising him from the dead on one occasion. This took place when Paul was stoned in Lystra:

In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way from birth and had never walked. He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed and called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man jumped up and began to walk. When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker. The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them…
      Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe. (Acts 14:8-13, 19-20)

It is believed that this was when Paul had his Third Heaven experience as described in 2 Corinthians 12. He was taken up in spirit and saw Paradise, suggesting that he may very well have been dead for some time before the disciples gathered around him and prayed, when his spirit was then restored to his body. Yet notice: despite all the power that the angel of Satan was given over Paul to raise up persecution against him, Satan never had the power to kill Paul, only to assault and afflict him, much like Satan did with Job. Paul, in fact, knew that Satan could not kill him until after he had finished his calling. Just as Jesus said to Pilate, "You would have no power over Me unless it were given to you," so too was Paul of the opinion that no man could take his life; only when he chose to lay it down would it be taken from him:

If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me. (Philippians 1:22-26 NIV)

Just as Satan could not kill Paul or any of the apostles without God allowing it, neither could Satan even keep them in prison. God's deliverance of Peter and Paul from incarceration were incidents where God was again using the weak to shame the strong; despite armed guards being posted to keep them in prison, the power of God's angels delivered them supernaturally, proving both to believers and unbelievers alike that the "weaklings" of God were indeed  stronger than men (see Acts 12:4-8 and Acts 16:23-40).

Gideon's Army: A Foreshadowing Of The Future

There are many examples of God using the weak to shame the strong in scripture. He takes pleasure in it. One is the example He set forth in using Gideon's army, which is prophesied to be a foreshadowing of the army of God He will raise up during the last days.
     This story is recorded in the Book of Judges:

Early in the morning, Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and all his men camped at the spring of Harod. The camp of Midian was north of them in the valley near the hill of Moreh. The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’ Now announce to the army, ‘Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.’” So twenty-two thousand men left, while ten thousand remained.
     But the Lord said to Gideon, “There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will thin them out for you there. If I say, ‘This one shall go with you,’ he shall go; but if I say, ‘This one shall not go with you,’ he shall not go.” So Gideon took the men down to the water. There the Lord told him, “Separate those who lap the water with their tongues as a dog laps from those who kneel down to drink.” Three hundred of them drank from cupped hands, lapping like dogs. All the rest got down on their knees to drink. The Lord said to Gideon, “With the three hundred men that lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hands. Let all the others go home.” So Gideon sent the rest of the Israelites home but kept the three hundred, who took over the provisions and trumpets of the others. And the army of Midian was beneath them in the valley.
     Gideon and the hundred men with him reached the edge of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just after they had changed the guard. They blew their trumpets and broke the jars that were in their hands.  The three companies blew the trumpets and smashed the jars. Grasping the torches in their left hands and holding in their right hands the trumpets they were to blow, they shouted, “A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!” While each man held his position around the camp, all the Midianites ran, crying out as they fled. When the three hundred trumpets sounded, the Lord caused the men throughout the camp to turn on each other with their swords. The army fled to Beth Shittah toward Zererah as far as the border of Abel Meholah near Tabbath. (Judges 7:1-8, 21-22 NIV)

With a mere 300 men, the Lord defeated an army of thousands if not tens of thousands. So, too, did Harold Pittman prophesy in 1980 that the army of God would be a kind of Gideon's army in that only a relative few would be chosen, but that these few who were chosen would perform similar exploits by which God would use the weak to shame the strong:

God is now in the process of recruiting an army with which He will shake this old world one more time. By working through His soldiers, God will produce great miracles that will shake the established hierarchy of the so-called organized religion that is in this world today. These soldiers that God is now recruiting will demonstrate the power of God to a greater extent than did the disciples in the Pentecostal age. Some will be even greater demonstrations than that of Elijah…
     Know this also: There shall be a time or process of "culling" those who are not qualified to be a member of this "Gideon's" army. Just as in Gideon's army in the Bible, only a select few will be fit for service in the army of Christian soldiers the Lord will use in the battle of the latter rain. (Placebo, P.42-43)

God's End-Time Army: An Unstoppable Force

Regarding this army God is going to raise up in the end-times, numerous prophesies attest that the enemy will be powerless to stop it. It is referred to both in the Book of Joel as well as in numerous modern visions, including those of Kathryn Baxter and Tommy Hicks. The discipline and invincibility of this army is clearly evident in Joel's prophesies, where scripture itself states:

Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor ever will be in ages to come. Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes... With a noise like that of chariots they leap over the mountaintops, like a crackling fire consuming stubble, like a mighty army drawn up for battle. At the sight of them, nations are in anguish; every face turns pale. They charge like warriors; they scale walls like soldiers. They all march in line, not swerving from their course. They do not jostle each other; each marches straight ahead. They plunge through defenses without breaking ranks. They rush upon the city; they run along the wall. They climb into the houses; like thieves they enter through the windows. Before them the earth shakes, the sky trembles, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine. The LORD thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command. (Joel 2:2-11)

Kathryn Baxter prophesied in A Divine Revelation Of Hell that this army would "destroy much of Satan's work," a reference to the fact that healings and miracles will be performed on an unprecedented level as never before in history, through an army of "no-accounts" by earthly standards:

"Behold, I am preparing a holy army. They will do mighty exploits for me and destroy your high places. They are an army of holy men and women, boys and girls. They have been anointed to preach the true gospel, to lay hands on the sick and to call the sinner to repentance. This is an army of working men, housewives, single men, single women and school children. They are common people, for not many noble have responded to My call. In the past they have been misunderstood and mistreated, abused and rejected. But I have blessed them with boldness in holiness and in spirit. They will begin to fulfill My prophecy, and to do My will. I will walk in them, talk in them I and work in them."
     "This army," said the Lord, "which was spoken of by the prophet Joel, will arise from the land and do great works for God. The Son of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. He shall tread down the wicked, and they shall be ashes under the soles of His feet… This army shall fight against the forces of evil and shall destroy much of satan's work. They shall win many to Jesus Christ before the day the evil beast arises," said the Lord. (Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.141-144)

In another vision regarding this same army, Tommy Hicks, a noted evangelist back in the 1960s, made references to there being nothing the enemy will be able to do to stop this army from fulfilling its destiny:

I was bewildered as I watched it, but these people that He had anointed, hundreds of thousands of people all over the world, in Africa, England, Russia, China, America, all over the world, the anointing of God was upon these people as they went forward in the name of the Lord. I saw these men and women as they went forth. They were ditch diggers, they were washerwomen, they were rich men, they were poor men. I saw people who were bound with paralysis and sickness and blindness and deafness. As the Lord stretched forth to give them this anointing, they became well, they became healed, and they went forth! And this is the miracle of it - this is the glorious miracle of it - those people would stretch forth their hands exactly as the Lord did, and it seemed as if there was this same liquid fire in their hands. As they stretched forth their hands they said, "According to my word, be thou made whole."
     As these people continued in this mighty end-time ministry, I did not fully realize what it was, and I looked to the Lord and said, "What is the meaning of this?" And He said "This is that which I will do in the last days. I will restore all that the cankerworm, the palmerworm, the caterpillar - I will restore all that they have destroyed. These, My people, will go forth in the end-times. As a mighty army they shall sweep over the face of the earth." As I was at this great height, I could behold the whole world. I watched these people as they were going to and fro over the face of the earth. Suddenly there was a man in Africa and in a moment he was transported by the spirit of God, and perhaps he was in Russia, or China or America or some other place, and vice versa. All over the world these people went, and they came through fire, and through pestilence, and through famine. Neither fire nor persecution, nothing seemed to stop them. Angry mobs came to them with swords and with guns. And like Jesus, they passed through the multitudes and they could not find them, but they went forth in the name of the Lord, and everywhere they stretched forth their hands, the sick were healed, the blind eyes were opened.

Rick Joyner prophesied similar things in The Harvest back in 1980. Christian communities will be formed in the end-times, and these will receive supernatural protection from the Lord:

Some communities will serve as refuges for persecuted Christians and Jews. The fear of the Lord will come upon intruders to such a degree that no one will enter their gates with impure motives. At some of these, mobs or soldiers approaching them will be struck blind or have their eyes opened to see angelic guards which will cause them to flee in panic. Those established by the Lord will be protected. (The Harvest, P.158-159) 

Once again the Lord will use the weak to shame the strong, just as He desires. As is also prophesied, He will use many women and children in the end-times, upon whom He will pour out His spirit in fulfillment of Joel 2:28-29:

“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. (Joel 2:28-29)

Likewise, men who fast the flesh intensely just as Frank Bartleman did during the Azusa St. revival will be greatly rewarded for their obedience to the teachings Paul made clear to the Corinthians in our passages for this study. They will be greatly used of God to manifest His power and help bring in the end-time harvest.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 10:47:38 PM by Hidden In Him »