Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 6
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Author Topic: 1 Thessalonians 1:1-4  (Read 4243 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
1 Thessalonians 1:1-4
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »
God Is Choosing Soldiers For His End-Time Army

As numerous heavenly visions are now declaring, God is going to raise up an army during the end-times. They will perform great signs and wonders such as the world has never seen before, and through them the Lord will turn many to righteousness and faith in the Living God. Unfortunately, only a small remnant of believers are going to qualify to serve in this army when the time comes. Only those willing to fight for the truth and die for it if necessary will be selected for service. 
     This will be nothing new. As this study will show, in New Testament times God was specifically choosing soldiers for His army, those He knew would stand for the gospel at all costs. What did it mean to be chosen by God? In the opening verses here in First Thessalonians, the apostle Paul reminded them that their salvation was by no means an accident. They had in fact been specifically chosen by God:   

We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers, incessantly remembering your work of faith, and labor of love, and endurance of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, knowing brothers that you have been chosen in having been beloved by God. (1 Thessalonians 1:2-4)

Unlike today in the United States, there was no church on every other corner, nor such things as Christian television or radio stations broadcasting the gospel 24 hours a day for anyone within range to hear. Aside from places where the gospel had already reached, the entire ancient world had as of yet not even heard of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
     Thus, where the Lord was sending His apostles was a clear indication of who He was choosing to hear the gospel first and have an opportunity to believe, and the Lord was being very specific about where He was sending them. Scripture records that the Holy Spirit would only allow them to travel to certain regions, while forbidding them from traveling to others:

Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas. During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us." After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. (Acts 16:6-10)

That one had been "chosen by God" was indicated by two things: That the gospel had been preached to you, and that the baptism in the Holy Spirit had been poured out upon you. For the apostles, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit was tangible proof that God's "love" had been bestowed upon those who received it. Hence, those who had received this outpouring were often referred to as "beloved of the Lord," just as Paul addressed the Thessalonians in the opening words of this letter we just read above.
     That God specifically chose the Thessalonians to receive the gospel and the outpouring of the Spirit is also attested in Paul's second letter, where he likewise encouraged these believers as follows:

But we ought always to give thanks to God concerning you, brothers, who have been beloved by the Lord, in that God chose you unto salvation through the sanctification produced by the Spirit and the faith produced by the truth, to which end, through our gospel, He called you to attain unto the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14)

So what determined whom the Lord was choosing? Why did He choose the Thessalonians instead of the inhabitants of Asia or Bithynia?
     Scripture refers to Him as "the Only Wise God," and He knew very well that those who accepted Him as their Savior would become immediate targets for Satan's attacks. My personal opinion is that He was searching for those whom He knew would be able to handle the trials and sufferings early Christians were going to have to face. He also knew the temptations the enemy was going to use in an attempt to trip them up, so He had to be selective. The Lord was, in effect, looking for soldiers first and foremost, since the first believers He chose were to become the foundation upon which His entire future army would be built.

The First Gentile Chosen Was A Roman Centurion

Of everyone throughout the entire Gentile world whom the Lord could have chosen to first preach the gospel to, He chose a soldier, a Roman centurion by the name of Cornelius and his family. As a centurion, Cornelius was in charge of 80 Roman soldiers, and only accomplished Roman soldiers rose to such a rank.
     The account of how God specifically selected Cornelius and his family to be the first Gentiles to hear the gospel and receive the Holy Spirit is recorded in the Book of Acts:   

At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!" Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked. The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea." When the angel who spoke to him had gone, Cornelius called two of his servants and a devout soldier who was one of his attendants. He told them everything that had happened and sent them to Joppa.
     Peter went down and said to the men, "I'm the one you're looking for. Why have you come?" The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say."   
     The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends... Talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me?"
     Cornelius answered: "Four days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me and said, 'Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered your gifts to the poor. Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.' So I sent for you immediately, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us."
     Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism, but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached - how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how He went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the Devil, because God was with Him. "We are witnesses of everything He did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed Him by hanging Him on a tree, but God raised Him from the dead on the third day and caused Him to be seen. He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen - by us who ate and drank with Him after He rose from the dead. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that He is the One whom God appointed as Judge of the living and the dead. All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name."
     While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even upon the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, "Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have." So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days. (Acts 10:1-10, 21-22, 24, 26-48 NIV)

Why was Cornelius chosen? Several reasons are evident here, not the least of which is that he was a soldier, and could be trusted to fight for and defend the truth, if necessary with his life. He would not back down or be intimidated by anybody who didn't appreciate the fact that he had embraced the Christian faith. More will be discussed on this point in later studies.
     Secondly, Cornelius gave alms, an indication he could be trusted with something even more precious than worldly wealth: The outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the gifts. His generosity meant he could not easily be seduced by the Tempter in the area of money. As will be seen, trustworthiness will again be of vital importance to God in determining those whom He chooses in the end-times. The times are coming when He will again recruit an army through which He will demonstrate to the world greater signs and wonders than have ever been seen in human history, and only those who can withstand financial seduction will be able to handle such responsibility without falling victim to covetousness and greed.
     Lastly, as evidenced by the passage, Cornelius was a man of prayer, a clear indication that he was a man devoted to a lifestyle of holiness. That he was praying "at three in the afternoon" suggests he maintained a regimen of daily prayer customary among the Jews at this time: An hour of prayer at the third, sixth, and ninth hours of the day (9AM, Noon, 3PM). The importance of holiness cannot be underestimated here, for while the supernatural gifts are manifestations of God's power, they are properly displayed only through vessels who also manifest His character, which is one of Holiness.   

The Recruitment Of God's End-time Army

Upon receiving a vision from the Lord, former Baptist minister Harold Pittman prophesied more than three decades ago that God was again going to recruit an end-time army for the great battle that is set to occur in the end-times:

God is now in the process of recruiting an army with which He will shake this old world one more time. By working through His soldiers, God will produce great miracles that will shake the established hierarchy of the so-called organized religion that is in this world today. These soldiers that God is now recruiting will demonstrate the power of God to a greater extent than did the disciples in the Pentecostal age. Some will be even greater demonstrations than that of Elijah. (Pittman, Placebo, P.42)

Since the time of this prophecy, the Lord has continually made mention of this coming army in subsequent visions, including those given to Kathryn Baxter in A Divine Revelation Of Hell, which was released to the public in 1993.
     Again in referencing how the miracles this army will perform will bring the authority of modern institutional Christianity into serious question, one of the passages reads:

Behold, I am preparing a holy army. They will do mighty exploits for Me and destroy your high places. They are an army of holy men and women, boys and girls. They have been anointed to preach the true gospel, lay hands on the sick and call the sinner to repentance.
     This is an army of working men, housewives single men, single women and school children, They are common people, for not many noble have responded to my call. In the past they have been misunderstood and mistreated, abused and rejected. But I have blessed them with boldness in holiness and in spirit. They will begin to fulfill My prophecy and to do My will. I will walk in them, talk in them and work in them. (Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.139-140)

It is clearly evident that the means by which this army will destroy the works of the Devil and turn many to Christ will be through demonstrations of God's supernatural power:

This army... which was spoken of by the prophet Joel, will arise from the land and do great works for God. The Son of Righteousness will arise with healing in His wings. He shall tread down the wicked, and they shall be ashes under His feet.
     They shall be called the army of the Lord. I will give gifts unto them, and they will accomplish My mighty works. They shall do exploits for the Lord of glory. I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and daughters shall prophesy.
     This army shall fight against the forces of evil and shall destroy much of Satan's work. They shall win many to Jesus Christ before the day the evil beast arises, says the Lord. (Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.141-142)

But just as in New Testament times, only those chosen by God will be recruited into this army. The vast majority will not be fit to serve in it:

These are they who have turned to Me with their whole heart, soul, mind and strength. This army will awaken many to righteousness and purity of spirit. I will soon begin to move upon them, to choose for My army those I desire. I will search for them in the cities and in the towns. Many will be surprised by those I have chosen. You will see them begin to move across the land and do exploits for My name's sake. Watch and see My power at work. (Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.140)

First There Must Come A Time Of Culling

Webster's defines a culling as, "something picked out; especially something rejected as not being up to standard." Sadly, many Christians today, especially in the West, are not up to the standards God will be looking for in those He chooses for His end-time army. As Pittman also prophesied:

Know this also: There shall be a time or process of "culling" those who are not qualified to be a member of this "Gideon's" army. Just as in Gideon's army in the Bible, only a select few will be fit for service in the army of Christian soldiers the Lord will use in the battle of the latter rain. (Placebo, P.43)

Why would God need to cull His people in order to select out only those truly fit to serve in His army? Well, "ministry" is no longer understood today as requiring that a person dedicate himself to a life of self-sacrifice for the sake of others. Instead, for many it is little more than a means of aggrandizing and enriching themselves at the expense of others.
     While this may not be true of all ministers today, it is most certainly true of many. To quote the prophecies of Rick Joyner again:

There are many sincere and devoted men of God presently serving in positions of leadership, but there are also many who have attained such positions through political manipulation and self-promotion. To these church leadership is merely another profession rather than a calling. These will not be able to stand the humiliation which is coming; they will flee, demonstrating that they were in fact hirelings, not serving in devotion to the Lord but for their own personal interests. (The Harvest, P.141)

The specific means by which God will cull His "army" will be the intensification of persecution and ridicule that is prophesied to arise against Christians world-wide. This will bring the true servants of God into a place of greater consecration and prayer, while causing the superficial and the self-serving to increasingly turn aside from the faith out of fear and intimidation.

Before the great ingathering Christianity will experience a great humiliation… The "accuser of the brethren" will go forth with unprecedented rage against the Body of Christ. The "revelations" of immoral and unethical behavior by hundreds of highly visible ministries will bring about a loathing of Christianity throughout the world, for a time. These "revelations" will include child molesting, rape, and the most vile forms of perversion. Some of these will be true, but most will not be true...
     After an atmosphere of revulsion has been created, the enemy will then move against even the most respected Evangelical, Pentecostal, Protestant, Charismatic and Catholic leaders with charges of the most base forms of perversion and ethical failures.
     In conjunction with this, hoards of cults and satanic worshippers will begin attacking congregations and meetings. They will enter services en masse, spitting on people, urinating and performing lewd acts in order to humiliate the church. This practice will be publicized until it becomes a fad among the cults. What begins as a few isolated incidents will soon become common throughout the world…
     This humiliation will ultimately reduce many congregations and movements in the church to a figurative Gideon's three hundred. Like Gideon's little band, who could no longer stand the humiliation of Israel at the hands of Midian, these will be pushed to the limit of what they can tolerate. They will take their little lights and trumpets (messages) and attack the entire camp of the enemy, beginning the rout. After this, many of those who have departed out of fear and confusion will return helping to complete the victory to bring in a great harvest. (The Harvest, P.139-142)

The Terrible Defeat God's Army Suffered In The 1950s

Paul warned Timothy not to entangle himself in the affairs of civilian life if he intended to serve as a true soldier of the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:3-4). How many believers are prepared for the soldier's life today? How many would not be vulnerable to being seduced back into the things of this world?
     This question was discussed in a vision given to Anna Rountree several decades ago. She was shown a particular class of angels who were (and still are) responsible for assisting the saints of God in healing ministry. In the vision, she was taken in spirit into Third Heaven and allowed to enter a meeting room where the angels of God were receiving instructions on how the gift of healing was to be administered in the next great move of the Spirit.
     In the midst of the discussion, the conversation turned to the tragic events which occurred in the last move, how they could have been avoided, and how they must be the next time around:

We entered the annex. Again a crowd of angels filled the room. A group of angels was on the platform. They wore no arm bands, but had red stripes up and down the sleeves of their garments. We stood in the back of the hall.
     "These are angels who have their stripes," [an angel] said. "The Lord assigned them to believers during the last healing revival."
     "There aren't many of them," I said.
     "No, only a few on earth were given the gift of healing in great measure. These believers were meant to train the many; instead, most of them erected tents and held the gift for themselves. The gift was used, but since they did not train others, it was corrupted and became a means of enriching themselves personally." (Rountree, The Heavens Opened, P.25)

As this meeting continued, the angels who had taken part in the previous healing revival began explaining precisely what happened to cause things to go so badly:

"... elusive sin by elusive sin. Finally, most had corrupted the gift beyond the recognition of those of us who were serving them."
     "Mankind may be deceived by outward show," another angel said, "but we saw all that happened. God is not mocked"...
     The first angel spoke again. "In this coming revival the gift will be so widespread that the corruption due to pride and power is less likely to occur."
     To his statement, another angel added, "But watch for these: pride, the lust for power, greed, and sexual lust." (Rountree, The Heavens Opened, P.26)

Those familiar with modern church history will recognize what is being described here as the great healing revival which took place back in the 1950s, when men like Oral Roberts were holding massive tent meetings and healing people by the thousands.
     In describing the excesses which took place during this revival, author Michael L. Brown put succinctly how nearly all these leaders eventually became seduced by the enemy:

What is the painful lesson to be learned from the so-called "Healing Revival" that occurred fifty years ago?  From 1947-1958 there was a great outpouring of healing power, unprecedented in modern times. Until that time, healing anointings were rare. It was only a handful of vessels - men and women like Maria Woodworth-Etter, John G. Lake, Stephen Jefferys, Smith Wigglesworth, Charles Price and Aimee Semple Macpherson - who were used in mighty healing miracles.
     But in 1947 things changed... There were hundreds of "healing evangelists" preaching throughout the United States and overseas, many of them with huge tents and even television ministries. Some outstanding miracles were taking place. But the vessels were not properly prepared, and many of them fell into sin and died before their time.
     One of the most prominent preachers of that era died of polio before He reached the age of forty. Another leader suffered fatal injuries in a head-on collision with a drunk driver. (He had already fallen into serious doctrinal error.) Another died in a motel room of cirrhosis of the liver - a chronic alcoholic while still in active ministry. Some became adulterers; others became corrupt and greedy. Although some were humble and pure at the beginning of their work, in less than fifteen years they became proud charlatans. The list goes on...
    Only a few of its ministers came out whole. The others simply couldn't handle the power; the anointing of God was simply more than they could bear. It takes holy servants to be channels of the Spirit. He cannot be separated from His gifts. They are a manifestation of Him. And He is totally Holy. An outpouring in today's church could be fatal. (Whatever Happened To The Power Of God, P.11-12)

How Many Could Handle The Responsibility Today?

How many would resist the seductions of the Devil to fall into greed, covetousness, sexual immorality, pride or lust for fame and influence today? Not many in my opinion, given the fact that today's Christianity is now even more focused on being "blessed" than being a blessing. Most of Christian "ministry" today focuses on the themes of self-empowerment and self-improvement rather than on how we are to lead lives of self-sacrifice. How can anyone with a self-serving mentality hope not to fall victim to the Tempter, and suffer an even worse defeat than those who were part of the healing revival back in the 1950s?
     For those who do hope to be chosen by God for the next great healing revival, they must follow the example left for us by our New Testament forebears. Cornelius, the first Gentile chosen by God to have the Spirit poured out upon him, was more concerned about giving than getting. So, too, does this appear to have been the case with the Thessalonians. Even in the midst of their great poverty they were generous in their giving, as is evident from one of Paul's letters to the Corinthians. They would not have been easy for the Devil to seduce with riches:

And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people. (2 Corinthians 8:1-4 NIV)

Being a centurion, Cornelius was clearly not a man afraid to die in necessary, but fought for what he believed in. Likewise did the Thessalonians appear to be resilient in the face of severe trials.
     As Paul tells them later in this letter:

For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews, who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15 NIV)

Time will tell whom the Lord chooses to be a part of the coming army of God, but those who are wise will understand that it will not come to just anyone. Only those willing to offer themselves to God's service and forsake the civilian life completely will be fit for His service in the army of the end-times. This will become ever clearer as the coming humiliation of the church begins to take place.
     But for now we should ask: Would we have our hands out looking for financial compensation, fame or power if the Lord blessed us with great authority in His word, or an exceedingly great outpouring of His Spirit? If the answer is yes, we may be disqualified for service for the coming end-time army of God. 

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:26:28 AM by Hidden In Him »