Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:47:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Author Topic: Colossians 3:1-4  (Read 1111 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
Colossians 3:1-4
« on: February 24, 2022, 11:45:11 AM »
Reject Satan's Offer, And Be Content To Remain Hidden In Him

There comes a time in every Christian's life when they have to ask themselves, "What am I seeking? Do I want my personal worth to be recognized in this life, or will I be willing to wait for it to be recognized only in the next?" This is the question Paul was now trying to get the Colossians to ask themselves in our next passage. They were being judged in religious matters by a hyper-strict Jewish sect called the Essenes, considered by many to be the religious elite of Judaism at the time. The leaders of this sect were philosopher types, yet like the Pharisees Jesus addressed, their motivation for becoming great religious leaders partly revolved around seeking to receive glory from men.
     As Jesus taught regarding the Pharisees of His time:

All of their works they do to be seen by men. But do not do according to their works, for they say yet do not. But they bind heavy burdens and hard to bear, and lay them on the shoulders of men, but will not lift their own finger to move them. All of their works they do to be seen by men. They make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, and love the uppermost place at the feasts, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men "Rabbi." (Matthew 23:5-7)

Paul was now warning the Colossians that neither should they seek glory from men in this life. Their glory was hidden with Christ in God, and they should instead be content if necessary to go unrecognized by the world until the new era dawned, knowing they would receive glory with Christ and be seated with Him on thrones in Heaven:

If you were raised with Christ, therefore, seek those things above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. Be mindful of the things above, not things on the earth. For you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God. Whenever Christ our life may be made manifest, then you also will be made manifest with Him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)

So what is it that causes men to seek religious glory in this life, even when it means contradicting the teachings of the True and Living God? The truth is it doesn't happen by accident, we have help. According to the eyewitness testimony of a former Baptist minister named Harold Pittman, demonic spirits seduce men into taking glory upon themselves. As he stated in his account, five specific orders of demons that were pointed out to him as playing a key role in bringing in the age of the Antichrist, and the third most important of these were involved in inciting men to heresy and false religion:

Demons from the third order appeared to be part man - part animal, resembling figures from Greek mythology… This group possessed skills in the area of the black arts, such as sorcery, false religion, magic, self-destruction, psychic phenomenon, the occult, necromancy, Satan worship, and all the other related areas of expertise. (Pittman, Demons: An Eyewitness Account, P.34, 35)

Satan tempted Eve in the garden with the pride of life, saying, "You shall be as gods." So too does he tempt men to gain notoriety among men through religion, and was thus offering the Essene philosophers the same thing: glory in this life. The problem, however, is that Satan's kingdom is going to come to an end. This is why Paul advised the Colossians to "seek those things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God." He was telling them to seek kingship with Christ in the next life, not notoriety and position in this one, for the wise understand that those who seek for glory in Christ's coming kingdom will never lose it.
     Many in religious and even "Christian" circles are seeking the same things today: Religious glory and fame. Because of this, Satan uses demons to tempt them in that direction, hoping they will take the bait. If they are willing to speak that which God has not spoken, they succumb to the temptation and become vessels in the hands of the enemy to attack the truth. But the "revelations" these people receive arise from demonic inspiration and/or from their own minds, not from the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and Christ alone is supposed to be the True Head of the church on earth.

Religious Elitism, And The Pride Of Life

The Essene heretics Paul was writing about were Jewish philosophers who presented themselves as the religious elite of Judaism. The Jewish historian Josephus described them as partly a philosophical school like that of the Pythagoreans (Antiquities, xv. 10, § 4; xviii. 1, § 5; "B. J." ii. 8, §§ 2-13). This philosophical bent can be seen in how they often allegorized Old Testament passages about Jewish history to have supposedly "deeper" spiritual meanings. According to the Jewish Encyclopedia, Essenism was:

A branch of the Pharisees who conformed to the most rigid rules of Levitical purity while aspiring to the highest degree of holiness.... [They] condemned slavery, avoided sacrifice, abstained from swearing, strove for holiness, and were particularly scrupulous regarding the Sabbath, which day was devoted to the reading and allegorical interpretation of the Law... One takes up the holy book and reads aloud, and another one from among the most learned comes forward and explains whatever may not have been understood—for, following their ancient traditions, they obtain their philosophy by means of allegorical interpretation." (Jewish Encyclopedia.com, The Essenes)

This then is why Paul warned the Colossians about heretics potentially robbing them "through philosophy,"and  seducing then into error through what amounted to little more than the traditions of men:

Take heed that there be no one robbing you through philosophy and empty deceit, in accordance with the tradition of men, in accordance with the elementary principles of the world, and not in accordance with Christ. (Colossians 2:8 )

As also becomes somewhat apparent, the Essenes were spiritually arrogant and proud. They were a very elitist set of Judaism, and observed a strict religious hierarchy:

When one enters the covenant … they shall inscribe them in order, one after another, according to the understanding of their deeds, that everyone may obey his companion, the man of lesser rank obeying his superior. And they shall examine their spirit and deeds yearly, so that each man may be advanced in accordance with his understanding and perfection of way, or moved down in accordance with his distortions. (The Community Rule 5:20, 23-24)

This only added to their presumptuousness, and all the more led to them judging those who were not a part of the community. Under these circumstances, it becomes easy to see why Paul warned the Colossians about their arrogance and tendency to judge others, warning them:

Let no one disqualify you, delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, investigating into things which he has seen, being vainly inflated with pride by his fleshly mind and not holding fast the Head, from whom the whole body, being supplied and conjoined together through its joints and ligaments, grows with the growth of God (Colossians 2:16-19)

The problem for the Essenes is that they were not getting their revelations from the Lord Jesus Christ like the church was. Instead, they were "investigating into what they had seen" by spiritualizing Old Testament texts, in an attempt to make themselves out to be great spiritual leaders in Israel, when in fact they were religious frauds. Thus Paul reminded the Colossians not to desire spiritual recognition in this life, for their lives were hidden with Christ in God, and their glory would be revealed after He returned:

If you were raised with Christ, therefore, seek those things above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God... you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God. Whenever Christ our life may be made manifest, then you also will be made manifest with Him in glory. (Colossians 3:1, 3-4)

By "seek those things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God," Paul was referring to seeking position and glory in the coming kingdom rather than this one, and scripture reveals that this promise of reigning with Christ was being made not only to the apostles but to any Christian who overcame, regardless of their office in the church:   

Then having answered, Peter said to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You. What then shall there be for us?" And Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of His glory, you too shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Matthew 19:27-28)

Behold, I stand at the door and knock... To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me in My throne, just as I overcame and have sat down on My throne with My Father. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. (Revelation 3:20-22)

The Serpent Is Still Making Offers Today

The importance of determining which life it is you want to receive recognition in cannot be overstated. Those with strong callings on their lives may not just face the normal temptations associated with ministry. In some cases, they may be approached by the forces of darkness face to face with a proposition, much like the Devil approached Jesus in the wilderness with an offer if He would only bow down and worship the god of this world.
     The following is taken from one of Winn Worley's books, a deliverance minister from Chicago who was approached early on in his ministry by a demonic prince; one who made him an offer he thought Worley could not refuse:

It was 3:00 a.m. Sunday when I finally dropped into bed. Suddenly the house went still with an unreal quiet I would later learn signaled the approach of some demonic visitor. At the foot of my bed I saw, dimly outlined, a tall figure, man-like, but much larger. I was startled to feel currents of cold air moving around me (as if I had opened a refrigerator door). This was a messenger from Satan who began to speak; his soft, calm voice describing what he wanted to do for me. My knowledge of the supernatural and demonic would be expanded and broadened as I became a warlock extraordinaire. I would be given money, sex, fame, popularity and authority. I would not have to stop preaching but would "cease wasting my efforts in this insignificant place." Worthy of greater things, I would be given large churches with huge congregations. Absolutely anything my heart desired would be mine for the asking.
     I listened in amazement to the Satanic visitor's sales pitch. My wife slept soundly and nothing disturbed the house, though I was certainly wide awake! He went on, painting beautiful pictures of the success I would achieve with his help. I broke in and said flatly that I was not interested in anything he had to offer. This did not deter the visitor, who merely chuckled and purred on, upping the offers as he described the marvelous future that lay ahead of me. Hardly appreciative of his feeling that I would fall for his line, I broke in again, asking crossly, "And what must I do to obtain all these things?"
     "O, it is quite simple," he replied eagerly, "all you have to do is stop what you are doing now."
     I knew at once that he referred to the casting out of demons, begun some weeks before.
     I answered with finality, "No way! Just forget it and go on your way. I want nothing from you and desire no dealings with you at all. I will continue to follow the Lord Jesus Christ and Him alone will I honor and serve."
     Angered, the visitor dropped his honeyed tones of persuasiveness. His voice grew cold and harsh and he snarled, "You are a fool, Win Worley. I would have given you everything." Angry myself, I snapped back, "I told you I want nothing you are selling. I am not interested in any of your propositions. I want you to leave me now in the Name of the Lord Jesus. I'm tired and I have two services to preach today. I belong to the Lord Jesus and I always will. Now you leave me alone in the Name of Jesus Christ."
     He became ugly and threatened, "You'll be sorry, you stupid fool. You're so crazy about that little church of yours. I'll show you, I'll rip it to shreds, and then where will you be with your noble ideas? You are a stupid fool." 
     "Look," I said wearily, "I've told you it's no deal, now get out of here and leave me alone. As for the church, if she can't stand on the Word of God, let her rip!" 
     He left in a storm of obscenities as I turned over and went to sleep.
     Within about four weeks, seventeen of our thirty-five regulars left the church without warning. Since my family made five and another family eight of the remaining eighteen regulars, it did look serious. I just kept preaching, feeling that if the church (which had been organized in 1937) had to close, so be it. I knew that I would not bow to Satan and his hosts, no matter what happened. (Battling The Hosts Of Hell, P.31-32)

This angelic prince was sent by Satan to turn a servant of God from Light to Darkness, and in this case the angel was not hiding the fact that he was evil. But how many have been seduced by demons posing as angels of Light? The apostle Paul warned, "For even if an angel of God should preach any other gospel, let him be accursed." The Essenes were avid students of the angelic hosts of Heaven, and even kept secret records of all their names, which only the most holy among them were deemed worthy to know. We are only left to speculate, but what is clear is that since New Testament times, Satan and his demons have been tempting men with the offer of religious fame and fortune, so long as they are willing to teach something other than the truth. Joseph Smith and Muhammad reported receiving visions from angels. Not that all visions from angels are to be dismissed out of hand entirely, for Daniel the prophet received powerful visions from angels. But there are risks involved, so the matter requires discernment.
     Muhammad, the founder of Islam, is a case in point for why choosing to receive a kingdom in this life can have tragic consequences. According to Islamic tradition, a "demon" or spiruit called Al-Abyad (the White One) came to Muhammad as the angel Gabriel. But Muhammad feared that what might have appeared before him was a demonic figure. As one source states, he went to his wife Khadija and told her, “When in seclusion, I hear someone calling and saying, 'O Muhammad, O Muhammad,' and I fear it is one of the djinns." (Al-Sirat al-Halabiya, by Al-Halabi, v.1, p. 377). Khadija purportedly came up with a solution, however; a test to find out if the angel that was appearing before Muhammad was sent of God, or an evil angel simply posing as an angel of Light:

So when Gabriel came to him, as he was wont, the prophet said to Khadija, "This is Gabriel who has just come to me." "Get up, O son of my uncle," she said, "and sit by my left thigh." The apostle did so, and she said, "Can you see him?" "Yes," he said. She said, "Then turn round and sit on my right thigh." He did so, and she said, "Can you see him?" When he said that he could she asked him to move and sit in her lap. When he had done this, she again asked if he could see him, and when he said yes, she disclosed her form and cast aside her view while the apostle was sitting in her lap. Then she said, "Can you see him?" And he replied, "No." She said, "O son of my uncle, rejoice and be of good heart, by God he is an angel and not a satan (i.e. a demon)."
     Muslim hardliners to this day insist upon the veiling of women because of, among other things, this underlying assumption: the sight of an unveiled woman is so distressing, so deeply sinful, that it causes even the angels to flee. (Spencer, The Truth About Muhammad, P.43-44)

The problem with all this, however, is that Muhammad was correct in his initial suspicions all along. Khadija's test was no guarantee that it could not be a demonic spirit, and as Muhammad would find out only after it was too late, his inner desire to attain recognition in this life ended up sending him to Hell. There are accounts by some in the church who have placed him there now, grieving over how he was deceived by the Devil and used by him. One account has him yelling out the following while in agony and torment, calling out to those who still follow him today thinking they will attain to a Muslim Paradise in doing so:

So many people have been falling into Hell because of me.... I did wrong because I had been so poor. I wanted to be the head of many people, and I wanted to be like Jesus... I killed so many people. Don't gather together! You all die if you gather together for me, Muhammad. Disperse! If you gather together, you will be used by Satan... There is no Paradise like you are thinking about, only Heaven and Hell. Those doctrines have been falsely spread. Islam has been changed...
     I am suffering through this great punishment because I was used by Satan. Do not throw your lives away to Satan. Do not be loyal to me, Muhammad. That is the way to go to Hell. Satan is going to use you. Get out of Islam! I didn't want it! I just wanted to be the ruler of a nation. But it went in the wrong direction. (She saw "prophet" Muhammad in Hell, Youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqZQ6HYb7FY

As for the Essenes, their religious "reign" on earth came to an end when the Romans destroyed Masada, the final stronghold of the Jews, in 70 A.D. The apostle Paul was correct in the advice he gave to the Colossians: Better to remain hidden in Him and invest in the kingdom to come than accept Satan's temptations of attaining a "kingdom" in this life, only to realize when it was too late that what you built ended up succumbing to destruction and ruin in eternity.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:47:04 PM by Hidden In Him »