Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Author Topic: James 2:21-26, Part 2  (Read 2935 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
James 2:21-26, Part 2
« on: June 19, 2016, 02:30:30 PM »
The Original Gospel: Preaching Jesus As Messiah, Part 2

Everything the Lord was teaching during New Testament times, from advising the disciples to sell their possessions so as to give to the poor to enduring persecution for the gospel's sake was all based upon the message that the kingdom of God was at hand, and that Jesus was the Messiah of the Jews, who would soon rule over the nations.
     This is why Jesus Himself preached the gospel of the kingdom, and specifically preached it to the poor:

And after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom of God, [saying], "The time has been fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:14-15)

Now John, having heard in prison the works of Christ, sent two of his disciples, [who] said unto Him, "Are you the Coming One, or are we to wait for another?" And having answered, Jesus said to them, "Go and relate to John what you hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, lepers are being cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are being raised, and the poor are having the gospel preached to them." (Matthew 11:2-5)

It is also why James reiterated these teachings to his readers:

Hear me, my dear brothers. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor. (James 2:5-6a)

In the wisdom of God, those who endured the most trials and oppression while remaining faithful to God would be worthy of the highest honors in the coming kingdom. This is what Jesus was informing the disciples of when He told them the following:

And lifting up His eyes, [Jesus] said to His disciples, "Blessed are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. Blessed are you when men shall hate you, and when they shall ostracize you, and reproach you, and repudiate your name as evil on account of the Son of man. Rejoice and leap for joy in that day, for behold, great is your reward in Heaven, for their fathers did these same things to the prophets. But woe to you who are rich, for you are receiving your consolation. (Luke 6:20-24)

According to this passage, both the poor and the oppressed would be heirs of the coming kingdom. Whereas Luke had Jesus saying simply, "Blessed are the poor," Matthew recorded Him as saying, "Blessed are the poor in spirit," by this referring more specifically to the spiritually and financially oppressed. And since these two groups of people were often one and the same, the expressions were practically synonymous. The New Testament teaching was that those who endured hardships and trials for the sake of the gospel would reign with Christ in eternity. Those who denied Him to avoid doing so, however, would not.
     As Paul instructed Timothy:

Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus... I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with Him, we will also live with Him. If we endure, we will also reign with Him. [But] if we disown Him, He will also disown us. (2 Timothy 2:3, 10-12)

And this was the same teaching James was giving when he wrote from the outset of his letter:

Blessed is the man who endures trials, for after he has been proven he shall receive the crown of life which the Lord promised to those who love Him. (James 1:9-12)

Understanding Faith Accredited As Righteousness

What difference was there between preaching Christ as Savior and preaching Him as Messiah? Good works played a much more dominant role, since if He was about to become Ruler over the nations this necessitated submitting to Him as Lord and walking in obedience. Those who said to Him, "Lord, Lord," yet were not doing as He commanded would be denied entrance into His kingdom, and instead suffer wrath.
     And again, since the poor and oppressed would soon be joint-heirs together with Christ, how people treated them reflected how genuine their "faith" actually was, which brings us back to the primary point James was making in the present passage:   

My brothers, what help is it if anyone claims to have faith yet does not have works? Is faith able to save him? And if a brother or sister is insufficiently clothed and may be lacking daily food, and anyone from among you says unto them, "Go in peace. Be warmed and filled," yet does not give them the things the body needs, what help is it?… The demons also believe, and tremble. But will you know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is dead?
     Was not our father Abraham justified by works, having offering Isaac his son on the altar? You see that faith was working together with his works, and by works was [his] faith made manifest. And the scripture was fulfilled which said, "And Abraham believed God, and it was accredited unto him for righteousness," and he was called a friend of God. You see [then] that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone. And in like manner was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works, who received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For just as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. (James 2:14-16, 19b-26)

As stated in Part 1, James referred to Rahab the harlot here to make the point that the kingdom of God was coming, and the wise needed to help those who would soon rule over it, i.e. the poor and the oppressed, just as Rahab wisely helped the Israelite spies, knowing their people would soon rule over Jericho.
     Why, then, did James bring up Abraham? Because Abraham's actions likewise proved he truly believed God. The Lord had promised that Abraham, even in his old age, would become the father of many nations, and Abraham believed Him. But the man proved he truly believed God when he obediently went to sacrifice Isaac, his only son. Had he doubted God's promise, Abraham would have balked at this command. But His actions proved He still believed God could supernaturally make him the father of many nations even if Isaac were to perish, and he had to produce yet another son, even though he now had even less ability to produce children in the natural.
     So, too, regarding the promises that Christ would supernaturally return in power to establish His kingdom on earth, believers needed to manifest faith by their actions. But how could they be saved without being being completely cleansed from all their sins? This is where the phrase, "Abraham believed God, and it was accredited unto him for righteousness" comes in. Because God knew Abraham truly believed, He could accredit righteousness unto him because He knew Abraham would act upon his faith, and as a result eventually fulfill the righteousness accredited unto him. This is why James stated, "And the scripture was fulfilled which said, 'And Abraham believed God, and it was accredited unto him for righteousness.'"
     The following analogy illustrates this point: Suppose a wealthy University hired a great coach to build them a championship basketball team. He came in and took a look, and some of the recruits were better than others, yet none of them were where they needed to be. During training, some clearly believed in the program, the coach, his teachings and his philosophy, because they were working diligently to apply everything he was saying. Others, however, appeared to be assuming they would make the team based on their own natural talent, as was evident from their lackluster work ethic and their short attention span. When it came time to make cuts, who would make the team? Those who truly believed, even if at the current time some were not yet the best players. Why? Because the coach would be accrediting unto them that in four years time they would be. With an eye more on the future than the present, the coach was looking for players whose faith in him would inspire them to continue applying his instruction and discipline, for eventually they would become the sort of players he needed.
     This is why God bases our salvation on faith, and accredits our faith unto us as righteousness. Not one of us begins where He wants us to be, for the command of God in both the Old and New Testaments is, "Be holy, for I am holy" (1 Peter 1:16, Leviticus 11:44-45, and 19:2). Many Israelites were unholy upon leaving Egypt, and in the New Testament era the Gentiles were likewise unholy upon receiving Christ as Savior. But despite what they were to begin with, the Lord expected them to eventually fulfill the righteousness accredited to them because of their faith in His Atoning Sacrifice. Merely placing lamb's blood over the door post did not save those Israelites who later became disobedient in the desert, and suffered God's wrath (1 Corinthians 10:1-12).

Why Else Was God Disciplining His Children?

Many now teach that when a person receives Jesus as their personal Savior, God no longer sees their sins anymore. But if this were so, why was He chastising sinful believers among Christian congregations during New Testament times? It was because He was requiring the early church to become fully conformed to the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. As the writer of Hebrews even went so far as to say, whosoever was not being chastised was not a true son:

You have forgotten the exhortation by which He addresses you as sons, [saying], "My son, do not disregard the chastisement of the Lord, nor weary of being reproved by Him, for the Lord chastises those whom He loves, and scourges every son whom He receives." If you endure chastisement, God is dealing with you as sons, for what son is he whom a father does not chastise? But if you are without the chastisement which we have all become partakers of, then you are illegitimate, and not sons… Our [earthly fathers] indeed chastised us for a few days as seemed right to them, but the Lord for what is expedient, so as for [His] child to partake of His holiness. And no chastisement for the present seems to be joyous, yet afterwards it produces the peaceable fruit of righteousness in those who have been trained by it.
     Pursue peace with all, and the sanctification apart from which no one shall see the Lord, taking oversight, lest anyone falter from the grace of God and any root of bitterness springing up should vex you, and many be defiled by it; lest [there be] any sexually immoral or profane person, such as Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright. For you know that afterwards, when he wished to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place of repentance, even though he sought it earnestly with tears. (Hebrews 12:5-8, 10-11, 14-17)

God was chastising His children during New Testament times because He was holding them fully accountable to fulfill the righteousness accredited to them when they first believed. As we've covered repeatedly, bitterness was a defiling spirit that was generating ever-increasing strife amongst early Christian congregations, and many were coming under judgment because of this. Strife so corrupted the Corinthian congregation that many were no longer even taking communion together. And because they were not discerning that the church was more than just a religious sect but the Lord's spiritual body on earth, they were making themselves guilty of the body and blood by taking communion, thereby openly avowing membership in the body yet causing division within it. As "living stones" in the temple of God, their actions were destroying the temple rather than building it up.
     As a result, sickness and death was coming upon them in judgment from God:   

Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells within you? If anyone brings the temple of God into corruption, God shall bring him to corruption, for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

But let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For the one eating and drinking eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the body. Because of this, many among you are weak and sick and many have fallen asleep. But if we would discern ourselves we would not be judged. But being judged, we are chastised by the Lord, that we not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:28-32)

God's stated reason for chastising His children? So that they not be condemned with the world. Returning to the basketball coach analogy, what do coaches sometimes do with players whose behavior is putting them at risk of being kicked off the team entirely? They use some sort of disciplinary measure, such as sitting them down for a few games, as a warning that worse things lay ahead if they don't change their ways. Such was the purpose behind the chastisements God was bringing against believers in New Testament times.
     Nor was it just strife and division. Sexual immorality was likewise bringing chastisement from God, to try and prevent them from being condemned in eternity:

Sexual immorality is commonly being reported among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles, such as for one to have sex with [his] father's wife… In the name of the Lord Jesus, when you have been gathered together in the power of the Lord Jesus, and with my spirit, you are to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit might be saved on the Day of the Lord Jesus. (1 Corinthians 5:1-5)

This is a far cry from hyper grace teaching, which gains an ever-increasing following with each passing year. The Hypergrace movement constantly stresses the sinful state of the believer and God's wonderful grace and forgiveness, yet it places little or no emphasis on the transformation God expects from believers as the proper response to receiving grace. As Jesus Himself taught plainly, if it is not properly responded to, God's grace can be rescinded.

The Danger For Believers: God's Grace Can Be Rescinded

Strife, bitterness and unforgiveness will not be tolerated in the coming kingdom of God. Those who act on their resentments and retaliate against those who sin against them had best repent of this practice, or they will make themselves unworthy of the kingdom of God. The Lord Jesus made this perfectly clear when He taught His disciples the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant, a parable which relates directly to the forgiveness of our sins, and salvation by grace:   

Then, having come, Peter said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Until seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I say unto you, not until seven times, but until seventy times seven. Because of this, the kingdom of Heaven is likened unto a king who wanted to take account of his servants. And having begun to settle accounts, there was brought to him one who owed [him] ten thousand talents. And [because] he did not have enough to repay, the master ordered him and his wife and children and all that he had to be sold, so as to be repaid. Therefore, having fallen down, the slave was worshipping him, saying, "Have patience with me, and I will repay it all to you." And having been moved with compassion, the master of the slave released him and forgave him the loan. But having gone out, the slave found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii. And, having seized him, he was choking him, saying, "If you owe something, pay it!" Therefore, having fallen down, his fellow slave was imploring him, saying, "Have patience with me, and I will repay it all to you." But the man would not do so, and went and cast him into prison until he should repay what was owed.
     Therefore, his fellow slaves, having seen what took place, were greatly grieved, and going to their master, narrated unto him all that took place. Then, the master, having called him, said unto him, "Wicked slave! I forgave you all that debt since you pleaded with me. Ought you not to have had pity on your fellow slave, as I also had pity on you?" And, being made angry, his master delivered him unto the torturers until he should repay everything that was owed. So also will My Father in Heaven do to you if you do not forgive from your hearts each man his brother." (Matthew 18:21-35)

As our Lord also taught His disciples elsewhere:

Therefore, pray after this manner… "Our Father who is in Heaven… Forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors." For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you will not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matthew 6:9, 12, 14-15)

Am I saying that a Christian who suffers a tinge of bitterness towards a fellow-believer who committed sin against him will go to Hell? No. But when believers act on bitterness and unforgiveness by retaliating against those who sin against him, they enter into a place where they are effectively nullifying the grace of God over their lives. God will no longer be able to simply overlook their sins when they didn't overlook the sins of others, but made sure some form of judgment was executed against them.
     This is why New Testament writers spoke out so vehemently against even harboring bitterness and resentment. If it was not dealt with and removed, the mere presence of bitterness in a believer's heart posed a threat to his spiritual well-being, because so long as it was present, the danger of acting on it likewise remained.

Blotting Out Names From The Lamb's Book Of Life

Further evidence that God's grace could be rescinded is seen in how the possibility existed for some believers to have their names removed from the Lamb's Book of Life:

And if anyone should take words away from the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, and from the holy city, and from the things having been written about in this book. (Revelation 22:19. See also Psalm 69:27-28)

But you have a few names in Sardis which have not defiled their garments, and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall thus be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life, but will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. (Revelation 3:4-5)

The sins these believers were committing were apparently sexual, given Christ's allusion to them "defiling their garments" with the stains of sexual intercourse (see Jude 1:23). The play on words used here was that because stains remained on their garments, their sins would remain on the Books. Their names, however, would not. These would be blotted out of the Book of Life entirely. The Book of Life will contain only the names of those upon whom the grace of God continues to rest. For these, only their good works will appear, because their sins were blotted out.
     Thus, as the scripture states, all will be judged "according to their works":

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before the throne, and the books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hell gave up the dead which were in them. And they were judged, each according to their works. (Revelation 20:12-13)

Wrath Was Coming Upon The Sons Of Disobedience

This is why God referred to those overcoming sin as "My sons," yet to those who were not as "sons of disobedience."

But sexual immorality and all uncleanness or covetous lusting, let it not even be named among you… For this you have known: That no sexually immoral, unclean or covetously lustful person - who is an idolater - has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with vain words, for on account of these things comes the wrath of God upon the sons of disobedience. (Ephesians 5:3-6)

Therefore, mortify your bodily members on the earth: Sexual immorality, uncleanness, sensual passion, evil [sexual] desire, and covetous lust, which is idolatry. On account of these things comes the wrath of God upon the sons of disobedience. (Colossians 3:5-6)

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself reinforced these teachings in Revelations. All who overcame the Devil, the flesh and the world would inherit eternal life, having proven themselves to be true sons and daughters of God. Those who failed to do so, however, had no part in the coming kingdom of God:

Those who overcome shall inherit all things, and I will be a God to him, and he shall be a son to Me. But to the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the depraved, and murderers, and the sexually immoral, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, they shall have their part in the Lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death. (Revelations 21:7-8)

Simply being a "believer" was not enough. As Paul wrote in Romans, believers who were condemning the Gentiles for their sins yet doing the same things should not expect that they would escape God's wrath simply because they "believed" in the One true God, or His Son the Lord Jesus Christ:

For the wrath of God is being revealed from Heaven upon all the ungodliness and unrighteousness of men… Therefore, O man… you judging those doing such things yet practicing them [yourself], do you estimate that you shall escape the judgment of God?… [The Lord] shall render unto each man according to his works. To those who through good works with endurance are seeking eternal life, [He shall grant] glory and honor and incorruptibility. But to those who are acting out of contentiousness and disobeying the truth yet obeying unrighteousness, [He shall award] indignation and wrath, affliction and anguish upon every soul of man that perpetrates evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek. (Romans 1:18, 3:3, 6-9)

As Paul added later in the same letter, only those entering into obedience were true sons of God:

But if through the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you shall live. For as many as are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. (Romans 8:13b-14)

Not Just Eliminating Evil Works, But Doing Good Works

But as for those becoming sons of God, it was not just a matter of entering into obedience by eliminating evil works, but also one of entering into doing good works. The parables Jesus spoke to His disciples in Matthew 24:45-25:46 were a continuous teaching on how they would be responsible for growing in revelation from God so as to spiritually "feed" the household of God. Those who failed to do so, but instead turned to abusing the faithful, would suffer eternal torment, whereas those who did as He commanded would be rewarded with far greater honor and responsibility in the coming kingdom:

Be ready, for in an hour you think not the Son of man will come. Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the Lord has appointed over his household to give them [their] food in due time? Blessed will be that servant whose Lord, having come, will find him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all His possessions. But if that evil servant should say in his heart, "My Lord delays," and should begin to beat his fellow servants and eat and drink with the drunkards, the Lord of that servant will come in a day that he does not anticipate, and in an hour he has no knowledge of, and will dismember him, and assign him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 24:44-51)

Those who rejected Christ and did nothing to help His people, either spiritually or materially, would suffer eternal torment. The heirs of the coming kingdom, however, would be those who entered into good works by caring for the faithful, and meeting their needs both spiritually and materially:

When the Son of man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit upon the throne of His glory, and all the nations shall be gathered before Him. And He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
     Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you who have been blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom that has been prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I hungered, and you gave me food to eat. I thirsted, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me."
     Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, "Lord, when did we see you hungering, and fed you? Or thirsting, and gave you drink? And when did we see you a stranger, and took you in? Or naked, and clothed you? And when did we see you sick or in prison, and came to you?" And having answered, the king will say to them, "Truly, I say unto you: Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me"… [and] he will answer [those on his left], and say to them, "Truly I say unto you: Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, neither did you do it to me." And these shall go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (Matthew 25:31-40, 45-46)

Will the church ever return to preaching the true gospel of the kingdom? Yes, especially when the time of the antichrist starts drawing near. When it becomes increasingly obvious to the body of Christ that the Day of the Lord is truly at hand, the gospel of the kingdom will again be preached because of its increasing relevance to every man, woman and child alive. It will, therefore, be no coincidence that the end-time harvest, which began during New Testament times, will reach its ultimate fulfillment when the gospel of the kingdom again becomes relevant to all mankind.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:25:06 PM by Hidden In Him »