Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 167
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Author Topic: 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10, Part 2  (Read 3859 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
1 Thessalonians 1:5-10, Part 2
« on: May 20, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »
The Return Of The Holy Spirit And Power, Part 2

As covered in Part 1, the apostles never hoped to evangelize the lost simply by word of mouth, thinking sinners would come to faith in Christ merely as a result of their personal charisma or powers of persuasion. God was confirming His word with signs and wonders following, i.e. exorcisms, healings and miracles that provided divine assurance to converts that the gospel message they were hearing was not merely the word of men but the word of Almighty God:   

For our good news did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, and in great assurance, just as you know what type of men we were among you for your sakes. (1 Thessalonians 1:5)

As the text goes on to suggest, works of power were a primary factor in what caused the harvest to take place, for word of what Paul, Silas and Timothy had done while they were in Thessalonica spread far and wide throughout the region:

For from you the word of the Lord rang out not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but even in every place where your faith towards God has reached unto, such that there is no need for us to have to say anything. For they themselves relate concerning us what entrance we had unto you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the True and Living God, and await His Son from Heaven whom He raised from the dead, Jesus, Who is saving us from the wrath to come. (1 Thessalonians 1:7-10)

As Church history documents, great manifestations of God's power continued to take place well into the 3rd Century because the Church continued to give herself to corporate prayer. Yet by about 250 A.D., quotes from the Fathers reveal that the church eventually became lazy in prayer, and as a result manifestations of the power of God began to dissipate, leaving only vestiges of what were once powerful gifts of the Spirit in operation.
     While the Azusa St. revival would bring a return to Pentecostalism in the early 1900s, the church has since largely settled back into a place of lethargy where praying earnestly and incessantly for the gifts and power of God are concerned. Many Christian leaders today instead simply fake the power of God, impressing congregations with their power to "bind principalities and powers" by putting on dramatic performances, when in fact such services are nothing more than a show designed to play church. The Devil takes joy in these services, for they are having no real effect on the spirit realm or on his kingdom.
     As we shall see, however, events are coming that will eventually drive the church to a return to incessant corporate prayer. World conditions will eventually become so grave that they usher in a return to true devotion to God in prayer, and by extension a return to great demonstrations of His power. The result will be that the world will once again begin receiving supernatural assurances that the gospel is indeed the word of God not men, which will lead to the end-time harvest as prophesied in scripture taking place.

Conditions That Will Cull The Army Of God

Several factors will drive the end-time church to a return to incessant corporate prayer. The first will be a coming worldwide depression, the rise of criminal elements in many regions, and a great increase in natural disasters that lead to unprecedented losses of human life. The world's economies are prophesied to crumble, and with them morality will eventually become a forgotten word. The standard of living in much of the world will return to what it was in the 1800s, and because municipalities will no longer be able to provide adequate police protection, the criminal element will assume power in many regions. With a high percentage of the population out of work and with little hope of finding jobs, violent crime, drug dealing, prostitution, theft, rioting, lawlessness, and drug and alcohol addiction will proliferate and become a way of life for many. It is prophesied that numerous cities will plunge into the very depths of sin and corruption.

As the church grows in faith and clarity of vision, the earth will be swept with wave after wave of paranoia. This will increase until no government on earth will be able to control its people. Mobs, sometimes numbering hundreds of thousands, will be sweeping about destroying everything in their path. Plagues, natural disasters and conflicts will bring about such loss of life that it will be nearly impossible to bury all of the dead. Men will be desperately seeking anyone to take authority over them for their protection, but no one will be willing. The remaining governments will be little more than gangs who have banded together to protect their own interests or to plunder the weak. (The Harvest, P.53)

Already today in impoverished South and Central American countries like Guatamala, people fear going outside after dark. Citizens regularly receive phone calls from extortionists, harassing and threatening them to pay money or be killed. Others are having their loved ones kidnapped, and are given the option to pay the ransom or never see them again. These social trends will become increasingly commonplace throughout world as we move deeper into the end-times.
     Another factor will be the coming humiliation of the church. The "authority" many Christian ministers are presently using to "bind the powers of darkness" will be exposed for falsehood when this day comes. To quote Rick Joyner again:

The "Accuser of the Brethren" will go forth with unprecedented rage against the Body of Christ. The "revelations" of immoral and unethical behavior by hundreds of highly visible ministries will bring about a loathing of Christianity throughout the world, for a time. These "revelations" will include child molesting, rape, and the most vile forms of perversion... In conjunction with this, hoards of cults and satanic worshippers will begin attacking congregations and meetings. They will enter meetings en masse, spitting on people, urinating and performing lewd acts in order to humiliate the church. This practice will be publicized until it becomes a fad among the cults. What begins as a few isolated incidents will soon become common throughout the world. (The Harvest, P.139-140)

It is also prophesied that even in normal society Christians will become the subjects of increasing ridicule. Accusations of bigotry, homophobia and hate mongering will escalate to the place that just continuing to identify oneself as a Christian will invite scorn and ridicule from every side. Most superficial believers, unable to withstand continual disdain and disrespect, and will simply distance themselves from the faith rather than continuing to stand for the truth.

When The Faithful Have Finally Had Enough

But the good news in all this is that "all things work together for good to those who love God." The faithful finally awake out of their spiritual slumber to again begin seeking the Lord in earnest prayer, and the result will be spiritual deliverance through the power of God. Joyner prophesied that this will be the end result of the coming humiliation of the church:

[To many], church leadership is merely another profession rather than a calling. These will not be able to withstand the humiliation that is coming. They will flee, demonstrating that they were in fact hirelings…  those who were called and appointed by God will also be humiliated and found powerless at times to deal with the onslaught. Even so, these will not run, but will remain faithful to their charge. Their failures will result in a greater determination to know the truth of God's delegated authority over the evil one. By this they will be delivered from hindering delusions and begin to walk in a power and authority never before experienced. The enemy's strategy of humiliating the saints into retreat will actually work to purify the ranks and inculcate in the faithful an even greater resolve. (Harvest, P.141).

This greater determination will likely be what leads to something else the Bible says the saints are going to give themselves to in the end-times: Fasting and prayer. The Book of Joel says plainly that before the Lord pours out His Spirit upon all flesh, His people will give themselves to fasting and solemnness, understanding the seriousness of their need for Him, and the outpouring that was promised to come.

Sound the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly… [afterwards] I will recompense unto you My great power which I sent among you. And you shall eat abundantly, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God for the things He has wrought wonderfully among you… And it shall come to pass after you do, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. And upon My servants and upon My handmaidens will I pour out My Spirit in those days. (Joel 2:15-29 LXX)

Mahesh Chavda ministered healing to millions around the world, and is purported to have also raised the dead on at least one occasion. He attributed this anointing to intensive times of fasting and prayer, especially the 40 day fast he completed early in his ministry. In the book The Hidden Power Of Prayer And Fasting, he specified corporate fasting to be what will eventually release the apostolic anointing and exceedingly great miracles once more:

We fast to become weak before God so God's power can become strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). Fasting is a choice for God and against the flesh. When you fast, you are making a conscious inward choice demonstrated by an outward cat that you want God's power to flow through you, not your own... The New Testament pattern for the release of apostolic anointing and power is seen in the Book of Acts. Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene,Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, "Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down in Seleucia, and frothy sailed to Cyprus (Acts 13:1-4)." What is the "crucible" in which the apostolic ministry was released in the first century? It is clearly released in the context of the Church praying fervently and fasting corporately. (Chavda, The Hidden Power Of Prayer And Fasting, P.150)

The Return Of Power, And The Start Of The Harvest

Once the Church returns to intense and incessant corporate prayer, the power of God will return to the Church, enabling the harvest to finally begin. The following vision written in Mary K. Baxter's work A Divine Revelation Of Hell describes the times when these events will finally begin taking place:

In the vision I saw God pour out His Spirit on all flesh, and the people believed that God would do all they asked because they were His and I sincerely loved Him. They had faith in God and believed His Word, and God delivered them. And the Word of God grew in the land.
     The Lord said, "All things are possible to them that believe.  I watch over My Word to perform it.  You do your part, and you can know that I will do Mine. If my people will stand for truth and fight the good fight, wonderful things will happen as on the Day of Pentecost. Call upon Me and I will hear. I will be your God and you will be My people. I will establish you in righteousness, truth and sincerity."
     In the vision, I saw Christians being born as little babies. I saw the angels standing over them to protect them from harm. I saw the Lord of Hosts fighting their battles and gaining the victory for them. Then I saw the babes grow up and harvest the fields of the Lord of Glory. They were doing the work of the Lord with a glad heart-loving God, trusting God and serving God. I saw the angels and God's Word combine to destroy evil from the face of the earth. I saw peace on earth as everything was eventually put under the feet of God. (Baxter, A Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.162)

The words, "Again in the vision I saw God pour out His Spirit on all flesh" are in reference to the fulfillment of Joel 2:28. The Holy Spirit will again be poured out, and God will once again show great signs and wonders to bring about the great end-time harvest. As the Lord is promising: "If my people will stand for truth and fight the good fight, wonderful things will happen as on the Day of Pentecost."
     Rick Joyner has likewise prophesied that the return of signs and wonders is coming:

Miracles which exceed even some of the most spectacular Biblical marvels will cause whole nations to acknowledge Jesus. Leaders of some of the most powerful communist countries will be openly confessing the Lord and exhorting their people to follow Him. The visible glory of the Lord will appear upon some for periods of time and this glory will heal everyone it touches. The pillar of fire that led Israel will not even compare to the intense presence of the Lord in these days...  Believers will be in awe continually, wondering each day what great new things they will see... Young children will cast out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead, and divert raging floods with a word. Some will actually take dominion over entire hospitals and mental institutions, healing every patient in them by laying hands on the buildings. During the harvest the world will understand that "... the children whom the Lord has given me are for signs and wonders." (Isaiah 8:18)

Walking In The Powers Of The Age To Come

Sadhu Selveraj has been preaching on the powers that are about to be poured out on the end-time church for quite some time. His teachings are available on Youtube, and I highly recommend them. The following is what he had to say during one conference on the powers of the age to come that will soon be given to the servants of the Most High God:

#1. Our bodies will be infused with the power and the glory of God. (Acts 5:12-16). The power and the glory was so infused in the body of Peter that when he walked on the streets, his very shadow, touching the sick, healed the sick. It is not the shadow, it is the aura. The glory produces an aura, that when you come within the perimeter of the presence of God you are healed. That is why you read in Exodus 3:2-5 that when the prophet Moses came within the vicinity of the burning bush the angel told him, “Remove your shoes.” He came within the aura of the presence of God, and the presence of God is holy. Again you read in Joshua 5:13-15, and angel of the Lord appeared before Joshua, and this powerful angel carried the very presence of God. So when he came near, as soon as his feet touched the perimeter of the aura and the glory of God that this angel was carrying, the first thing that he was told was, “Remove your shoes. You are standing on holy ground.” That is the power and the glory that will be infused in your body. Your very body becomes what the apostle Paul was referring to when he said, “We bear the excellency of the power of God in earthen vessels.”

#2. Healings and miracles that come by staring. (Numbers 21:5-9). When many of the children of Israel were bitten by fiery serpents, God told Moses to make a bronze serpent, put it on a pole, and everyone who looks at the serpent will be healed. Nobody touched them. Nobody prayed for them. Just by looking at the serpent they were all healed. In the year 1984, I went to a small village in Chennai. And I entered into this house to pray for someone, together with two of my associates. For some reason that day, when we came to the house, the other two associates went into the house, but I just stood at the doorway and just looked in. To this day I do not know why I just stood in the doorway… A four year old boy was seated on a couch and he looked at me. As soon as he looked at me, he screamed and he started crying… He screamed and he shouted and he ran passed by me to where his mother was. After that I entered into the house, and shortly after that the mother came back shouting, “What did you do to my son?” So we were all looking at each other wondering what did we do to her son. And then with tears running down her eyes, the mother said, “My son was born lame. He could never walk. How is it that he is running? What did you do?” Only then did it dawn on me that when he saw me that miracle took place in his life… This is one of the powers of the age to come. You see, when you have multitudes of people, it may be quite impossible to reach out to them all. But anyone of them will see. They will just look at you. You can just say like what Peter said, “Look at me.”  That’s not pride. Before God gives you this kind of glory, He first kills you, so you can be trusted with this glory without becoming prideful… but that is what God is going to do. You will say, “Look at me,” and everyone will be healed.

#3. Supernatural speed (1 Kings 18:45-46). How could the prophet Elijah run faster than a horse that is running at at least 50 kilometers per hour? The fastest man in this world, Usain Bolt, can only run 20 kilometers per hour…  Such being the case, the Bible says the prophet Elijah ran faster than the horse. So the prophet Elijah was running faster, which means more than 50 kilometers per hour, which is humanly impossible. But when God pours this anointing, you will have supernatural speed, to run from place to place. That is an experience of the anointings that the last days army, mentioned in Joel 2:4-9 is going to manifest.

# 4. Supernatural transportation. This is where our dear brother doctor Bruce is a forerunner in this field, and our dear brother Neville Johnson has many, many rich experiences in this field. Now, supernatural transportation in three areas: Firstly, you are translated alive bodily to Heaven. Genesis 5:24, where Enoch was translated alive to Heaven, and 2 Kings 2:11, where Elijah was translated alive without tasting death to Heaven. Next, you are translated in the Spirit to Heaven, and to other places. An example, John in Revelation 4:1, and the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 5:3-4 and Colossians 2:5, where he was translated in spirit to the Corinthian church and to the Colossian church, where he has never been in the flesh. And we also read in 2 Corinthians 12:2-4, where the apostle Paul had experience of being caught up to the Third Heaven. Secondly, translation in the soul. Your soul can also be translated. An good example of this is found in 2 Kings 5:26, where the prophet Elisha was praying in his house, and his servant was committing a sin. And Elisha’s soul was there witnessing the whole thing that he was doing. And he said to him, “Went not my heart with you?” The word heart in Hebrew means soul. His soul went and saw what he did. And translocation in the body.  A good example is Elijah the prophet. In 1 Kings 18:11-12, where the governor Obadiah tells Elijah, because Elijah told him to go and tell Ahab that he had come. So Obodiah tells him, “You know, if I go and tell Ahab that you have come, by the time I go, the Spirit of God will come and carry you and bring you to some other place, and then I will not be able to find you.” It was very common knowledge in those days that Elijah frequently had translocation experiences. Even when he was carried bodily, 2 Kings, Chapter 2 tells us, the sons of the prophets insisted that they go all over the mountains to look for him because it was a common knowledge that Elijah frequently was translocated. He is the only one among the prophets, at least mentioned in the Bible, who had this experience. Secondly we have a very famous New Testament example, Phillip. In Acts 8:39, where he was physically translocated from a place in Gaza to Azutes, a distance of 28 miles, in one split second. A third example is our Lord Jesus Christ Himself. In John 6:15-21, there was a tempest on the waters, and the boat was topsy turvy, and the disciples were sacred, and the Bible says as soon as the Lord Jesus stepped out of the boat, the Lord Jesus, the twelve disciples, and the boat all instantly translocated to the shore. Even the boat. So there you have three examples in the Bible about the absolute surety of being translocated. (God's Remnant People Will Soon Experience the Powers of the Age to Come by Bro. Sadhu Selvaraj, Youtube)

Selveraj also went on to site instances where translocation in the body has already been taking place among the saints of God in our times. Thus, it appears the powers of the age are already beginning to be poured out. All that remains to be seen now is whom God will distribute these powers to, and who will be chosen to serve in His end-time army.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:28:18 PM by Hidden In Him »