Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Author Topic: I call Him, Abba, Father  (Read 4625 times)

Heart2Soul

• 30 Day Activity:
    0%
  • Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of
I call Him, Abba, Father
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »
Understanding the significance of Abba, Father. (Note: Reference to the following statements are taken from this link: https://www.gotquestions.org/Abba-Father.html “What Does It Mean that God is our Abba Father?”):

In Scripture there are many different names used to describe God. While all the names of God are important in many ways, the name “Abba Father” is one of the most significant names of God in understanding how He relates to people. The word Abba is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” It was a common term that young children would use to address their fathers. It signifies the close, intimate relationship of a father to his child, as well as the childlike trust that a young child puts in his “daddy.”

We are all His creations and under His authority and Lordship and will all be judged by Him, but being a child of God and having the right to truly call Him “Abba Father” is something that only born-again Christians are able to do (John 1:12-13).

If we are born again (John 1:12, 3:1-8), we have been adopted into the family of God, redeemed from the curse of sin and are “joint-heirs with Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:17; also Galatians 4:7). Part of that new relationship is that God now deals with us differently, which includes His chastisement when we sin (Hebrews 12:3-11). Because of that new relationship, Christians may sin, but they cannot be comfortable or content living a life of habitual, ongoing sin. If people are living a life enslaved to sin and are comfortable in that sin and without the chastisement of God upon them, then we know they are “illegitimate and not sons” (Hebrews 12:8 ). In other words, they are unbelievers.

As we come to understand the true nature of God as revealed in the Bible we should be amazed that He not only allows us, but even encourages us, to call Him “Abba Father.” It is amazing that a holy and righteous God, who created and sustains all things, who is the only all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present God, would allow sinful humans to call Him “Daddy.” As we come to understand who God really is and how sinful we are, the privilege of being able to call Him “Abba Father” will take on a whole new meaning for us and help us understand God’s amazing grace.

My Testimony:
I had been attending The Assembly of God Church in my hometown for a number of years…We had a wonderful pastor who just happened to preach his sermon on the very sin I committed that week. At the end of every sermon the pastor invited anyone who needed to come to the altar and rededicate their lives, or get saved, or who needed deliverance, to come forward and be prayed for. I would go up to the front every single time because I was full of guilt and condemnation from my sins.

Then the day came when I went to church and as usual the pastor preached about a sin and as usual I was guilty of that sin, why would this day be any different! I am always guilty!!!! I went to the altar for prayer, got saved again and when we were dismissed I left and I went to my home. I walked in the front door, threw my body on the floor and cried out to God and said "I give up, this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how hard I try I seem to always mess up!"

Then I heard a voice, (this was the first time I actually heard Him speak to me) it wasn't really audible to my ears but it was very audible in my mind. He said to me "Patty, who do you think I am?"....instinctively somehow I knew he expected me to say something, so I said you are God...He asked a second time, “Patty, who do you think I am?”… I replied a little more hesitantly, since the 1st answer didn't seem to be right, and said "The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the I AM? ( I am thinking I got it right this time for sure! Haha!)...then He asked a 3RD TIME only a little louder!!! “PATTY, WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?”…..I searched my memory of what I was taught about who God is and finally I said what do you want me to say?

He replied with a loving, gentle voice and said "I am your Father, and as much as you love your daughter, so much more do I love you that you can't comprehend it. As your daughter grows she will make mistakes….and with love in your heart for her you will correct her, discipline her at times but never will you stop loving her because of those mistakes. So it is with me, I will never stop loving you just because you make a mistake. Allow yourself to be led of My Spirit, Grow in the Truth of My Word, repent daily of your sins and always forgive others who sin against you...and in return, I will always forgive you. Seek me daily, walk with me, talk with me, and tell me what's on your heart. I AM YOUR FATHER and I Love you"

I was approximately 23 years old when this happened and it liberated me from condemnation. I finally understood that I am truly saved and I am a child of The Most High God, and I call Him, Abba, Father! Amen!

In addition to becoming free from guilt and condemnation, obedience to my Abba, Father became so much easier because I was doing it with a renewed love, understanding, and respect for Him. His Word actually became a Living Word in my life. I could hear Him speak to me on a daily and continual basis

I never heard His voice speaking to me until I came to know Him as my Abba, Father.
I hope this blesses someone as it did me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:26:53 PM by Hidden In Him »
I Can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
"A man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion"

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
Re: I call Him, Abba, Father
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »
Then I heard a voice, (this was the first time I actually heard Him speak to me) it wasn't really audible to my ears but it was very audible in my mind. He said to me "Patty, who do you think I am?"....instinctively somehow I knew he expected me to say something, so I said you are God...He asked a second time, “Patty, who do you think I am?”… I replied a little more hesitantly, since the 1st answer didn't seem to be right, and said "The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the I AM? ( I am thinking I got it right this time for sure! Haha!)...then He asked a 3RD TIME only a little louder!!! “PATTY, WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?”…..I searched my memory of what I was taught about who God is and finally I said what do you want me to say?

He replied with a loving, gentle voice and said "I am your Father, and as much as you love your daughter, so much more do I love you that you can't comprehend it. As your daughter grows she will make mistakes….and with love in your heart for her you will correct her, discipline her at times but never will you stop loving her because of those mistakes. So it is with me, I will never stop loving you just because you make a mistake. Allow yourself to be led of My Spirit, Grow in the Truth of My Word, repent daily of your sins and always forgive others who sin against you...and in return, I will always forgive you. Seek me daily, walk with me, talk with me, and tell me what's on your heart. I AM YOUR FATHER and I Love you."

Excellent post!

It's amazing how many theological types seem to forget this. He is our Father, not some impersonal being who barks out commands and passes judgments. The "sinless perfection" crowd have to be reminded f this truth all the time, especially regarding matters of salvation.

Heart2Soul

• 30 Day Activity:
    0%
  • Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of
Re: I call Him, Abba, Father
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
Amen to that, brother, it is called a religious spirit...or religious bondage. Isn't what He intended for us to be....we are to be free in Christ and to rest in Him knowing that the work He began in us He will perform it to the time of His coming.
I Can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
"A man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion"