Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:34 PM
... the abundance of the glory of this mystery is among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory, whom we preach, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfected in Him.

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:19:58 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:19:21 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:18:57 PM
... the abundance of the glory of this mystery is among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory, whom we preach, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfected in Him.

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 02:57:00 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians!  :)

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 02:56:30 PM

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 02:55:42 PM

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 02:55:19 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what the abundan

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 02:54:41 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians!  :)

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant according to the admin

Kamagiply

August 04, 2019, 11:55:58 AM
Hellow Paddy

I wanna wish you a happy 30. birthday.. I still hope you fell fine, where ever you are.. And enjoy it.. I hope you find what you´ve been searching for..

Thanks for alle your songs.. I just love them..

Do you ever read what we write to you??

Best Regards
Lowenti

Hidden In Him

August 03, 2019, 05:35:37 PM
This is just a site I use for writing. We gave no one here who goes by the name "Paddy."

Hidden In Him

August 03, 2019, 05:34:34 PM
Sure you have the right website there, Kamagiply?

Kamagiply

August 03, 2019, 12:46:31 PM
Hellow Paddy

I wanna wish you a happy 30. birthday.. I still hope you fell fine, where ever you are.. And enjoy it.. I hope you find what you´ve been searching for..

Thanks for alle your songs.. I just love them..

Do you ever read what we write to you??

Best Regards
Lowenti

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 03:58:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 191
  • Total Topics: 154
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 448
  • (August 17, 2018, 12:06:54 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Author Topic: James 1:1-4, Part 2  (Read 1027 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
James 1:1-4, Part 2
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
Master Endurance Like A Soldier Training For War, Part 2

As we saw in Part 1, early Jewish believers were enduring a whole host of trials and sufferings, not only persecution but also financial exploitation, judicial oppression (i.e. the forced selling of their children into slavery), and even spiritual belittlement at the hands of the "righteous" rich, and the religious leadership of Israel.
     Were this study written primarily for believers in Muslim-conquered territories, they would probably take great comfort in knowing that early Christians were suffering many of the same things they endure today. They now suffer intense persecution from ISIS, Boko Haram, and other Jihadist organizations. They are also likewise suffering the capture and enslavement of their daughters, not just for marriage but for sex trafficking in order to fund Jihad, as documents that have been seized have confirmed.
     One stated as follows:

"We have been informed that the market for sale of women had been witnessing a reduction in price which effects the needs for the Islamic State and the funding for the Mujahideen. For this, the commerce department has decided to set a fixed price regarding the sale of women. Therefore, all auctioneers are to abide by this and anyone who breaks the rules will be executed. $75,000 age 30-40/Yezedi/Christian, $100,000 age 20-30/Yezedi/Christian, $150,000 age 10-20/Yezedi/Christian, $50,000 age 40-50/Yezedi/Christian, $200,000 age 1-9/Yezedi/Christian…"  (The Islamic State Resorts To Horrific Sex Trafficking, Tavern Keepers.com)

In other words, because overstock was deflating prices, very young Christian girls were being sold into sex slavery for what amounted to less than $200 in U.S. currency. And as one web article added, "They are being sold as chattel, and subjected to rape and torture. Kurdish intelligence is reporting that there are thousands of women working as slaves in homes and brothels across the Middle East."
     So, too, are Christians in Muslim-conquered regions being treated like inferiors, and financially exploited. This is done by forcing them to pay Jizya, a tax which they are told ensures their protection, but in reality is designed to relegate them to second class citizenship.
     Quoting Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya, the Jizya was enacted:

"...to be a symbol of the humiliation of the infidels, and as an insult and punishment to them..." Thus Ibn Qayyim adds, "Since the entire religion belongs to God, it aims at humiliating ungodliness and its followers, and insulting them. Imposing the Jizya on the followers of ungodliness and oppressing them is required by God's religion. The Qur'anic text hints at this meaning when it says: `until they give the tribute by force with humiliation.' (Qur'an 9:29)." (Non-Muslim Rights, Answering Islam.org)

Certainly Christians who are having to endure trials like this are being tempted by the Devil to harbor resentment and bitterness towards their oppressors. But as we saw in Part 1, the Lord was commanding believers during New Testament times to run their race of faith with endurance, never allowing Satan to overcome them with evil. Rather, as James taught in the first few verses of his letter, believers were not to give place to the Devil, but respond to such circumstances with joy, knowing that the more they successfully withstood such trials, the stronger their endurance would become:

My brothers, esteem it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the proving of your faith builds up endurance. But let endurance have its perfected work, that you reach full potential and development, and not fall short in any circumstance. (James 1:2-4)

So what, then, would be the application of these instructions for believers in the Western Hemisphere? While most will never experience anything resembling the kinds of trials described above, the Spirit is nevertheless prophesying that a severe attack is coming to the church of Jesus Christ in the West. And because most have been lulled to sleep by the relative peace in our part of the world and have not built up any endurance in the face of trials, the result is going to be much more spiritually devastating.

A Coming Satanic Attack In The West

For those not familiar with it, the following vision, given by the Spirit of God to Rick Joyner, was released back in the year 2000. Since that time, trends have suggested that it is indeed on its way to fulfillment. The vision describes how Satan will attempt to destroy the Western church from within, by inciting believers to harbor bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness towards one another. Keep in mind: While gossip and slander is clearly already taking its toll in many churches, the "main attack" as described below has not yet been unleashed. Keep in mind also that the reason the Spirit commanded believers to perfect endurance was so as not to give place to the Devil (Ephesians 4:26-27, 31), as the following vision suggests they will.

The demonic army was so large that it stretched as far as I could see. It was separated into divisions, with each carrying a different banner. The foremost divisions marched under the banners of Pride, Self-Righteousness, Respectability, Selfish Ambition, Unrighteous Judgment and Jealousy. There were many more of these evil divisions beyond my scope of vision, but those in the vanguard of this terrible horde from Hell seemed to be the most powerful. The leader of this army was the Accuser of the Brethren himself.
     The weapons carried by this horde were also named. The swords were named Intimidation; the spears were named Treachery; and the arrows were named Accusation, Gossip, Slander and Faultfinding. Scouts and smaller companies of demons - with names such as Rejection, Bitterness, Impatience, Unforgiveness and Lust - were sent in advance of this army to prepare for the main attack…
      The primary strategy of this army was to cause division on every possible level of relationship - churches with each other; congregations with their pastors, husbands and wives, children and parents, and even children with each other. The scouts were sent to locate the openings in churches, families or individuals that such spirits as Rejection, Bitterness and Lust could exploit and enlarge. Through these openings would pour demonic influences that completely overwhelmed their victims.
      The most shocking part of this was that this horde was not riding on horses, but primarily on Christians! Most of them were well-dressed, respectable, and had the appearance of being refined and educated, but there also seemed to be representatives from almost every walk of life. While these people professed Christian truths in order to appease their consciences, they lived their lives in agreement with the powers of darkness. As they agreed with those powers, their assigned demons grew and more easily directed their actions…
     I noted that the demons were riding on these Christians, but were not in them as was the case with non-Christians. It was obvious that these believers had only to stop agreeing with their demons in order to get free of them. For example, if the Christian on whom a demon of jealousy was riding just started to question the jealousy, that demon would weaken very fast. When this happened, the weakened demon would cry out and the leader of the division would direct all the demons around that Christian to attack him until the jealousy, etc., would build up on him again. If this did not work, the demons would begin quoting scriptures, perverting them in a way that would justify the bitterness, accusations or other satanic influences they were spreading.
     As I looked far to the rear of this army, I saw the entourage of the Accuser himself. I began to understand his strategy, and I was amazed that it was so simple. He knew that a house divided cannot stand, and his army represented an attempt to bring such division to the church that she would be powerless and ineffective.
     It was apparent that the only way the Accuser could do this was to use Christians to war against their own brethren, and that is why almost everyone in the forward divisions was a Christian, or at least a professing Christian. Every step these deceived believers took in obedience to the Accuser strengthened his power over them. This made his confidence and the confidence of all his commanders grow with the progress of the army as it marched forward. It was apparent that the power of this army depended upon the agreement of these Christians with the ways of evil.

The Prisoners

Trailing behind these first divisions was a multitude of other Christians who were prisoners of this army. All these captive Christians were wounded, and they were guarded by smaller demons of Fear. There seemed to be more prisoners than there were demons in the army.
     Surprisingly, these prisoners still had their swords and shields, but they did not use them… Above the prisoners, the sky was black with vultures named Depression. Occasionally these would land on the shoulders of a prisoner and would vomit on him. The vomit was Condemnation. When the vomit hit a prisoner he would stand up and march a little straighter for a while, and then slump over, even weaker than before…
      Occasionally the weaker prisoners would stumble and fall. As soon as they hit the ground, the other prisoners would begin stabbing them with their swords, scorning them for their weakness. The vultures would then come and begin devouring the fallen ones even before they were dead. The other Christian prisoners stood by and watched this approvingly, occasionally stabbing the fallen ones again with their swords.
     As I watched, I realized that these prisoners thought the vomit of Condemnation was truth from God. Then I understood that these prisoners actually thought they were marching in the army of God! This is why they did not kill the demons of Fear or the vultures - they thought these were God's messengers!… They felt that those who stumbled were under God's judgment, which is why they attacked them the way they did - they thought they were helping God!
     The only food provided for these prisoners was the vomit from the vultures. Those who refused to eat it simply weakened until they fell. Those who did eat it were strengthened for a time, but with the strength of the evil one. Then they would weaken unless they would drink the waters of bitterness that were constantly being offered to them. After drinking the bitter waters, they would begin to vomit on the others. When one of the prisoners began to do this, a demon that was waiting for a ride would climb up on him and ride him up to one of the front divisions.

Satanic Slime

Even worse than the vomit from the vultures was a repulsive slime that these demons were urinating and defecating upon the Christians they rode. This slime was the pride, selfish ambition, etc., that was the nature of their division. However, this slime made the Christians feel so much better than the condemnation had, they easily believed that the demons were messengers of God. They actually thought this slime was the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
     I had been so repulsed by the evil army that I wanted to die. Then the voice of the Lord came to me saying, "This is the beginning of the enemy's last-day army. This is Satan's ultimate deception. His ultimate power of destruction is released when he uses Christians to attack one another. Throughout the ages he has used this army, but never has he been able to use so many for his evil purposes as he is now. Do not fear. I have an army too. You must now stand and fight, because there is no longer any place to hide from this war. You must fight for My kingdom, for truth, and for those who have been deceived."

The Battle Begins

Then I turned and saw the army of the Lord standing behind me. There were thousands of soldiers, but they were still greatly outnumbered. I was shocked and disheartened, for it seemed there were actually many more Christians being used by the evil one that there were in the army of the Lord. I also knew that the battle that was about to begin was going to be viewed as The Great Christian Civil War, because very few would understand the dark powers that were behind the impending conflict.
     As I looked more closely at the army of the Lord, the situation seemed even more discouraging. Only a small number were fully dressed in their armor. Many only had one or two pieces of their armor on; some did not have any at all. A large number were already wounded. Most of those who had all their armor still had very small shields, which I knew would not protect them from the onslaught that was coming. Very few of those who were fully armed were adequately trained to use their weapons. To my further surprise, the great majority of these soldiers were women and children.
     Behind this army was a trailing mob, which seemed very different in nature from the prisoners who followed the evil horde. Those in the mob seemed overly happy, as if intoxicated. They were playing games, singing songs, feasting and roaming about from one little camp to the next. This reminded me of Woodstock.
     I ran toward the army of the Lord to escape the onslaught I knew would be coming at me from the evil horde. In every way, it seemed we were in for a most one-sided slaughter. I was especially concerned for the mob that was trailing the Lord's army, so I tried to raise my voice above the clamor to warn them that a battle was about to begin. Only a few could even hear me. Those who heard me gave me the "peace sign" and said they did not believe in war…
     Then a messenger came up to me, gave me a trumpet, and told me to blow it quickly. When I did, those who had at least some of their armor in immediately responded, snapping to attention. More armor was brought to them, which they quickly put on.
     I noticed that those who were wounded did not put armor over their wounds. But before I could say anything about this, enemy arrows began raining down on us. Everyone who did not have all of his armor on was wounded. Those who had not covered their wounds were struck again in the same area they had been wounded in before.
     Those who were hit by arrows of slander immediately began to slander those who were not wounded. Those who were hit with gossip began to gossip, and soon a major division had been created within our own camp. I felt that we were on the verge of destroying ourselves, just as some heathen armies in Scripture had done by rising up to kill each other. The feeling of helplessness was terrible.

The Vultures Appear

Then vultures swooped down to pick up the wounded and deliver them into the camp of prisoners. The wounded still had swords and could have easily struck down the vultures but they didn't. They were actually carried off willingly because they were so angry at those who were not wounded like they were.
     I quickly thought about the mob behind the army, and ran to see what had happened to them. It seemed impossible, but the scene among them was even worse. Thousands lay on the ground, wounded and groaning. The sky over them was darkened by the vultures that were carrying them off to become prisoners of the enemy.
     Many of those who were not wounded just sat in a stupor of unbelief. They, too, were easily carried away by the vultures. Even though a few had begun trying to fight off the vultures, since they did not have the proper weapons, the vultures did not even pay them any attention. The wounded were so angry they would threaten and drive away anyone who tried to help them, but they became docile and submissive to the vultures.
     Those who had not been wounded soon gave up trying to fight off the vultures and began running from the scene of the battle. This first encounter with the enemy was so devastating that I was tempted to join them in their flight. Then, incredibly fast, some of those who had fled began reappearing with full suits of armor on, holding large shields. This was the first bit of encouragement that I remember seeing… (Joyner, Final Quest, P.11-23)

Commentary And Explanations

"This is the beginning of the enemy's last-day army… Throughout the ages he has used this army, but never has he been able to use so many for his evil purposes as he is now." - As we shall see, James was well aware that demons were attempting to seduce the early church into destroying itself from within. He makes reference to demons and their influence repeatedly in this letter, telling his readers in one place, "resist the Devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7). Why are more Christians about to be used by Satan than ever before? Because Satan has lulled the church in the West completely to sleep. After centuries of relative peace, i.e. with little or no persecution taking place, most hardly even know a war is on anymore, as is confirmed elsewhere by the following quotes: "Behind this army was a trailing mob, which... seemed overly happy, as if intoxicated. They were playing games, singing songs, feasting and roaming about from one little camp to the next. This reminded me of Woodstock… I tried to raise my voice above the clamor to warn them that a battle was about to begin. Only a few could even hear me. Those who heard me gave me the 'peace sign' and said they did not believe in war..."

"While these people professed Christian truths in order to appease their consciences, they lived their lives in agreement with the powers of darkness." - In other words, they were giving themselves over to speaking accusations, gossip, slander and faultfinding, and/or to harboring spirits of rejection, bitterness, unforgiveness, etc. because, despite professing to be Christians, in reality they were giving place to the Devil in both their hearts and lives.

"If the Christian on whom a demon of jealousy was riding just started to question the jealousy, that demon would weaken very fast. When this happened, the weakened demon would cry out and the leader of the division would direct all the demons around that Christian to attack him until the jealousy, etc., would build up on him again. If this did not work, the demons would begin quoting scriptures, perverting them in a way that would justify the bitterness, accusations or other satanic influences they were spreading." - As will be covered in Study #6, believers in New Testament times were falling for these exact same tactics. Rather than recognizing that the temptation to "rebuke" and condemn others in anger was coming from Satan, some were using the scriptures to justify doing so, claiming, "I am becoming tempted from God." This is likewise confirmed by the following: "Occasionally the weaker prisoners would stumble and fall. As soon as they hit the ground, the other prisoners would begin stabbing them with their swords… these prisoners thought the vomit of Condemnation was truth from God. They felt that those who stumbled were under God's judgment, which is why they attacked them the way they did - they thought they were helping God!" Just as believers were used by Satan in New Testament times, so too are they being used in similar ways today.

"The only food provided for these prisoners was the vomit [of condemnation] from the vultures. Those who refused to eat it simply weakened until they fell." - Tragically, the evil of spiritual condemnation is spreading and proliferating within many congregations today precisely because there is nothing else for them to "feed" upon. There is little or nothing else to put their minds to because little or no true spiritual food is being presented by leadership, possibly the saddest part about all of this.

"Trailing behind these first divisions was a multitude of other Christians who were prisoners of this army. All these captive Christians were wounded…" - These are emotional wounds suffered at the hands of other believers, including leaders in the church, who have slandered them, used intimidation to subjugate and oppress them spiritually, or used treachery to betray their trust.

"Above the prisoners, the sky was black with vultures named Depression." - When you hold on to resentment and bitterness in your heart, thus meditating only on evils and injustices, this leads to depression, especially when you yourself likewise turn to slandering and accusing others, knowing subconsciously that you have been overcome by the Devil yourself. Knowing that you have succumbed to evil yourself just makes the depression that much worse.

"Even worse than the vomit from the vultures was a repulsive slime that these demons were urinating and defecating upon the Christians they rode. This slime was the pride, selfish ambition, etc. that was the nature of their division. They actually thought this slime was the anointing of the Holy Spirit." - Because money, power and prestige often accompany attaining positions of leadership, the spirits of selfish ambition, jealousy and pride now dominate the church in the West, as will be discussed in later studies.

"As I looked more closely at the army of the Lord, the situation seemed even more discouraging. Only a small number were fully dressed in their armor. Many only had one or two pieces of their armor on. Some did not have any at all." - While space does not permit here to give a full explanation of the armor of God, it was not to be put on for the sake of conducting "spiritual warfare," as nearly all teach today.
     Rather, it was armor one needed to defend himself when dragged before the authorities, and interrogated by them (see 1 Thessalonians, Study #15 through Study #17). The belt of truth, for instance, was needed because the authorities would bring in those who would bear false testimony against the Christians, and lie under oath. In the context of the vision, the wise will need to arm themselves with truth in the face of the false accusations, gossip, slander and faultfinding the Devil will use others to bring against them.
     The breastplate of righteousness defended believers against the accusations of authorities that they were "sinning against God" by preaching Jesus. As Peter responded before the Sanhedrin, "Should we obey God or men?" In context, intimidation will be one of the weapons wielded by those used of the Devil. Those in positions of authority especially will try to use intimidation as a means of coercing believers into submitting "to God," telling them they are in "rebellion" by not doing so. In such situations, the believer will need to refuse to be intimidated, but remain firm in their convictions, and not knuckle under to leaders who try to coerce them into "submission."
     The helmet of deliverance (not "the helmet of salvation," as it is often incorrectly translated) is essentially the knowledge that despite the enemy's threats to kill believers, he doesn't actually have power over to do so. As Paul stated when standing before King Agrippa, God had promised him continual deliverance from his persecutors until he had successfully finished his calling (Acts 26:15-22). When necessary, the Lord was delivering out of prison supernaturally (Acts 12:3-19, 16:19-26). In the context of this vision, the believer who knows the Lord will deliver him from bad situations never becomes overwhelmed by any negative circumstances he or she is in, but remains positive and hopeful.

"Most of those who had all their armor still had very small shields, which I knew would not protect them from the onslaught that was coming." - In New Testament times, the shield of faith protected believers when the authorities tried to convince them that Jesus was not truly the Son of God. In this vision the application is somewhat different, but the end effect is the same. As stated in the vision, "I knew that the battle that was about to begin was going to be viewed as The Great Christian Civil War, because very few would understand the dark powers that were behind the impending conflict." Those weak in faith will begin questioning, "If Jesus is Lord, why is His church so filled with strife, and on the verge of destroying itself?" Bewildered, many will begin abandoning the church, and some their faith altogether, as evidenced by the statements, "Those who had not been wounded soon... began running from the scene of the battle. This first encounter with the enemy was so devastating that I was tempted to join them in their flight."   

There Is No Place Left To Hide

At one point, the Spirit advises Joyner and by extension all who are preparing for war, "You must now stand and fight, because there is no longer any place to hide from this war. You must fight for My kingdom, for truth, and for those who have been deceived."
     Many even today are already fleeing from one church to another, hoping to escape all the strife, only to discover that it's everywhere. The answer is not to flee but to fight this evil, and the one piece of good news is that after the devastation of the initial battle, "incredibly fast, some of those who had fled began reappearing with full suits of armor on, holding large shields." In seeking God, some will finally begin receiving revelation on what is really happening, and begin dressing for war.
     But to repeat again the obvious, most of the armor of God, like real armor in the natural, is designed to enable the soldier to endure attacks. As a result, perfecting one's endurance is step one. Those preparing for war must ask themselves, "Am I fully prepared to endure what this vision describes is coming?" If I am "struck again in the same area" I was once wounded in, will I be able to endure it? If so, will I be able to handle being all that much more despised and resented by those overcome by evil?
     In the next study, the subject will turn to how to receive wisdom from God to overcome evil with good. Such information is sorely needed, given that at the present time, even among those who are fully armed, "very few… have been adequately trained to use their weapons."

Links to web articles:

http://www.answering-islam.org/NonMuslims/rights.htm
http://tavernkeepers.com/islamic-state-resorts-horrific-sex-trafficking/

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:49:39 PM by Hidden In Him »