Bookmark and Share

Bitcoin Stuff

Bitcoin Donations

1AKjJqVViFZGYat2BqerLPyYWscwVEPZht

Shoutbox

Last 25 Shouts:

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:31 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Hidden In Him

March 15, 2024, 06:01:15 PM
Attention: To anyone viewing this site, I will be moving to another forum. I will leave this one up until the end of the year so viewers can still view the material here, but after that this site will be shut down.

If you have any questions, you can contact me privately by becoming a member.

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:37:18 PM
awe-inspiring first encounter girls

https://url.epoch.tw/JM0wr

Johnnyhoppy

February 24, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
ripsnorting uncovered girls

Johnnyhoppy

February 23, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
far-out unembellished girls

ytmp3music

September 23, 2023, 12:39:24 PM
Titanic post! I couldn't coincide more with your points. It's happy to give some thought to such mindful insights shared here.
Youtube to mp3 converter
<a href="https://www.ytmp3.to">Youtube to mp3 converter</a>

Hidden In Him

March 02, 2022, 01:44:01 PM
What a beautiful Spring day! Glory to God!

Hidden In Him

January 07, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Alive and well!  :)

Happy 2022! This is gonna be a good one. I can feel it, Lol.

MoreBloodWine

December 30, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
You alive Chris ?

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:17:44 PM
But ya, any PM's sent they should be made aware of via email, if they have notifications set for receipt of a PM.

But even if so, my newsletter blast can ignore such settings so anyone registered will at least get my message. But I can name them specifically in it for *** & giggles.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Still need to check some things but that will be easy enough to do via PM.

When the site is re-opened. It is now, but tech locked down... but when it's "back". I can send out a newsletter, anyone who has an email attached that they still use will be made aware / be able to come back if that's what they choose to do.

Hidden In Him

October 14, 2020, 05:56:59 PM
You're kidding... That would be something. Any way to contact ShadowKen and Indybones? And maybe Pineapple, LoL. I suppose if it's all intact I could just message and it would go thru to email.

MoreBloodWine

October 14, 2020, 01:53:33 AM
@HIM: The MP is back, but it will need to remain in maintenance mode until I can re skin it / fix some of the underlying addons, But it is loading again... all data should still be intact.

I've already alerted spddmn's wife to let him know ;-)

Hidden In Him

April 27, 2020, 06:37:28 PM
And after checking, it wasn't done yet, LoL. Looks like it is now (hopefully).

Hidden In Him

April 08, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
This one's pretty good, LoL. Should be fun to put on video some day.  :)
http://www.spiritualwarbiblestudies.com/index.php?topic=181.msg207#msg207

Hidden In Him

March 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
 :) :) :)

MoreBloodWine

March 10, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's rewriting old works ;-)

Hidden In Him

March 07, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
My wife dislikes the idea that I'm rewriting studies rather than writing new ones, but the Lord is now opening up Colossians to me like never before, and some work needs to be redone. Very excited about the new insight!  :)

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:19:44 PM
...get back to making sure studies were ready to put on camera when the time comes.  :)

So how's life with you?  

Hidden In Him

February 29, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
I noticed you were still lurking around, LoL. Glad to see I'm not the only one happy about it.  :) Hard at work converting the garage into a recording studio & music room. Gonna be nice! The soundproofing is going to be work and money, but a lot of it is already purchased. In the meantime, I had to

MoreBloodWine

February 29, 2020, 01:59:43 AM
 :) :) :)

Hidden In Him

February 28, 2020, 05:43:50 PM
I'm officially going back to writing! Glory to God Almighty!! Having fun again already, and going to be going to work improving and the adding to the set on Colossians.

Blessings in Christ to all who visit,
Hidden

MoreBloodWine

November 02, 2019, 02:37:56 AM
I rarely ever used Tapatalk to log in to the site. Not sure if anyone ever actually did as the issue of it not working was never reported.

But for our mobile uses, certain things like this chat box will not be available through the app as this chat box is an addon itself. But all boards within the forum are available and currently confirmed working.

Ty & my apologies !

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
An excellent passage I am now writing a study on in the Book of Colossians.

"And I am now rejoicing in [my] sufferings over you, and filling up in my flesh what is lacking of the afflictions of Christ for His body's sake, which is the church, of which I became a servant

Hidden In Him

August 05, 2019, 03:20:49 PM
... of which I became a servant according to the administration of God having been given unto me, for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations but which has now been made manifest to His saints, to whom God wished to make known what

Show 50 latest

Recent Posts

Calendar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 363
  • Total Topics: 257
  • Online Today: 167
  • Online Ever: 827
  • (November 19, 2019, 08:59:00 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Author Topic: 1 Corinthians 3:1-9  (Read 7348 times)

Hidden In Him

• Owner
  • 30 Day Activity:
    0%
1 Corinthians 3:1-9
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »
Self-Glorification: A Seduction That Limits Many Spiritually

Satan often tricks Christians into glorifying themselves over their supposed "knowledge and wisdom" in the word. The enemy does this to believers for many reasons: One is to hinder their spiritual growth. Another is to exalt them in the eyes of others, in order to ultimately lure them away from spiritual dependence upon Christ, who is the True Source of all wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3). At Corinth, many had turned to identifying with particular teachers - Paul, or Peter, or Apollos - not so much to honor them as to glorify themselves as their spiritual disciples. But by elevating such men in the same way the heathen did with the great philosophers and the "wise men" of the world, the Corinthians were revealing just how much Satan had already seduced them with pride. As Paul would now explain, this was limiting how much he could teach them: 

But I, brothers, was unable to speak to you as unto those who were spiritual, but as unto those who were fleshly, as unto infants in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not meat, for you were not yet able, and even now you are not yet able, for you are still fleshly. For where there is jealousy and contention among you, are you not fleshly and walk in accordance with man? For when one may say, "I am of Paul" and another, "I of Apollos," are you not [behaving as] men? What then is Apollos and what is Paul, but servants through whom you believed, and to each as the Lord gave? (1 Corinthians 3:1-5)

What teachings were the Corinthians not yet mature enough to receive? Paul mentioned it briefly in Chapter 2:

But we speak wisdom among the mature, only not the wisdom of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are being deposed. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery which has been hidden, which God preordained for our glory before time, which none of the rulers of this age had known, for if they had known it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But just as has been written, "Eye has not seen nor ear heard, nor has it at all entered into the heart of man the things God has prepared for those who love Him." But God revealed them unto us by His Spirit, for the Spirit searches into all things, even the deepest plans of God. (1 Corinthians 2:6-10)

To refresh from the last study, Paul was specifically talking here about prophesies in the Book of Daniel that predicted that the saints of God would inherit the kingdoms of this world (Daniel 7:27). The imminent return of Christ meant that the rulers of this world were already in the process of being deposed by the saints of God. At His return, those found worthy in Christ would rule and reign with Him as kings over the earth. But the "meat" the Corinthians were not yet able to receive was that this promise applied to those who endured sufferings with Him, for it was those who endured afflictions with Him would would reign with Him (2 Timothy 2:12). Yet in their spiritual pride the Corinthians were already "kings" as it were, despite having not yet suffered anything for Him. As Paul will tell them in Chapter 4:

You have become "kings" without us. Surely I would that you did become kings, that we might also reign with you. For I suppose that God set us forth the apostles last, as appointed unto death... to the present hour we both hunger and thirst, are insufficiently clothed, receive beatings, and wander homeless. But we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless. Being persecuted, we forbear. Being defamed, we encourage. We became as the scapegoats of the world, the expiation of everyone until now. (1 Corinthians 4:8b-13)

Due to their pride, it's a small wonder the apostle Paul could even teach them what little he tried to on this subject. Since they were already glorifying themselves and making themselves out to be something great, it made discussing their potential kingship in eternity improper, since doing so would have only inflated their pride that much more. Thus, Paul's instruction to them was not to let the enemy seduce them into pride. Neither Paul nor Apollos nor Peter were anything more than servants of God sent to help them grow spiritually. It was God alone who was producing the growth, and therefore God alone who was to be glorified:

I planted, Apollos watered, but God was producing the growth. So then neither the one planting nor the one watering is anything, but God, the One producing the growth. But the one planting and the one watering are one [in servanthood], and each will receive his own reward in accordance with his own labor. For we are [merely] servants working together for God. You are God's field, God's building…  I transferred these things to Apollos and myself for your sakes, brothers, so that you might learn from us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you become inflated with pride against another. (1 Corinthians 3:6-9, 4:6)

How many Christians today likewise limit how much God can reveal to them due to their already being full of themselves, and thinking they have already arrived spiritually and have all the answers? The sad truth is that they have in reality been seduced by the enemy into thinking more of themselves than they should.

"I'd Trust St. Jerome Over You Any Day."

Many who have debated the scriptures with me at Christian forums see themselves as "defenders the faith," i.e. defenders of their own denomination's particular doctrines and interpretations. Yet this position limits just how much I can teach them. They have already closed their ears to anything that might contradict what their church teaches, so they will tune you out immediately if what you are saying sounds like it runs contrary to what they already assume to be true.
     One of my opponents in a debate actually insulted me with the above statement. He cited a passage from St. Jerome support his argument, and when I disagreed with Jerome's interpretation on the passage in question, rather than deal with my argument he simply dismissed what I was saying on the grounds that my opinion wasn't worthy to be compared with St. Jerome's. This sort of thing is why Jesus said to the churches in the Book of Revelation, "Let him who has ears to hear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches." Not everyone has ears to hear, because Satan seduces people through self-glorification into closing their ears off completely.
     The Pharisees did likewise during New Testament times. They touted themselves as "guides to the blind, and correctors of the foolish" (Romans 2:19-20), yet in reality they taught what Jesus said were not the oracles of God but merely "the teachings of men." So when Jesus contradicted what they were teaching they grew angry and rejected what He was saying rather than receiving it:

Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy concerning you, saying, "This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. But vainly do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."(Matthew 15:7-9)

Because they had no ears to hear, not much could be done for either them or their followers. Jesus told the disciples to leave them alone, for they were the blind leading the blind:

And having called to the crowd, He said to them, "Hear and understand: It is not that which enters into the most that defiles the man, but that which goes forth out of the mouth that defiles the man." Having come, the disciples then said to Him, "Do you know that the Pharisees, having heard that saying, were offended?" But He having answered said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up. Leave them. They are blind leaders of the blind. (Matthew 15:10-14)

In all honesty, as sad as it is to say, there are many that you have to do the same with today. They have not only become firmly indoctrinated in false teachings but have also been seduced by a spirit of self-glorification that makes it virtually impossible to teach them anything.

The False Teaching That "Israel" Is The Church

I will show you a case in point of this. Many schooled today in the traditional theology of both Catholics and Reformers teach that God has long since been done with Israel as a nation. They believe that whatever happens to Israel now is irrelevant spiritually, because God has transferred His concern to the church as "spiritual Israel." This notion began with the writings of St. Augustine, who wrongly spiritualized prophecies in such a way as to apply them not to literal Israel but to the church.
     This teaching is false, however. For one thing, the temple described in the Book of Ezekiel has never been built, and Ezekiel prophesied very plainly that it would be built to very exacting specifications, and in the land of Israel:

And it came to pass in the twenty-fifth year of our captivity, in the first month on the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after the taking of the city, in that day the hand of the Lord was upon me, and brought me in a vision of God into the land of Israel, and set me on a very high mountain, and upon it there was as it were the frame of a city before me... And he brought me into the temple, the porch of which he measured, six cubits the breadth on one side, and six cubits the breadth of the porch on the other side. And the breadth of the gateway was ten cubits, and the side-pieces of the gateway were five cubits on this side, and five cubits on that side: and he measured the length of it, forty cubits, and the breadth, twenty cubits. And he went into the inner court, and measured the post of the door, two cubits; and the door, six cubits; and the side-pieces of the door, seven cubits on one side, and seven cubits on the other side. And he measured the length of the doors, forty cubits; and the breadth, twenty cubits, in front of the temple. And he said, "This is the holy of holies." (Ezekiel 40:1-2, 41:1-4, LXX)

The rest of the passage goes on to describe the dimensions and characteristics of this temple, which is undoubtably the same temple which the Antichrist will enter into and take his seat in during the end-times, as described in 2 Thessalonians 2:4:

Now we implore you, brothers, by the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together unto Him, that you not become quickly disturbed in mind nor troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as if written by us [intimating] that the Day of the Lord is here. No one should deceive you in any way if the apostasy has not [yet] come first and that man of lawlessness has been revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above everything that is called God or is worshipped, so as for him to sit down in the temple of God, exhibiting himself that he is God. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)

Yet they nevertheless spiritualize the temple spoken of here as the church, not a literal temple that will be built during the end-times in the land of Israel. This can only be attributed in my opinion to self-glorification, in that they still champion the teachings of their denominations despite it now being obvious that they were being premature in spiritualizing what should have been taken literally. It was one thing for men from Augustine's time through the Reformation to believe God was done with Israel because they had ceased to be a nation. But to cling to such notions now that God fully restored Israel as a nation is to refuse the truth, if for little other reason than what appears to be a need to save face.

The Parable Of The Wicked Husbandmen

There are a number of passages that the sensible use to refute this false teaching. But in studying the Parable of the Wicked Husbandmen one day, I realized that this parable gave a virtual proof that God could not be done with literal Israel; one that was extremely hard to refute and which the proponents of this teaching would have a tough time dealing with. So I presented the following on one of the Christian forums I am a member of:

Greetings all. Wanted to create a thread to discuss this with everyone, but especially those who believe the Lord is done with Israel in the prophetic scheme of things. I am sending an invite especially to those I know who hold this position (sorry if I forgot anyone), but all are invited to comment if they wish.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden in Him

I then wrote out in full the parable itself:

And He began to speak to the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard, and leased it out to husbandmen, and left the country for a long time. And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they would give to him the fruit of the vineyard. But the husbandmen, having beat him, sent him away empty. And he added to send another servant, but having beat him also, they also dishonored and sent him away empty. And he added to send a third, but having wounded him they also cast him out. And the Lord said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son. Perhaps they will respect this one.' But having seen him, the husbandmen reasoned amongst themselves, saying, 'This is the heir. Let us kill him, that the inheritance may become ours.' And having cast him forth outside the vineyard, they killed him. What therefore will the lord of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy these husbandmen, and will give the vineyard to others." (Luke 20:9-16)

After this I asked those whom I had invited the following question:

I assume most would agree the "far country" the Lord goes into here is a reference to Heaven. This is where the Lord returned to after descending upon Mt. Sinai and then traveling with the Jews in the cloud by day and in the pillar of fire by night until they finally entered the promised land. The husbandmen then would be the Jewish leadership, and the servants the Lord sent would be the prophets who came to request the fruits of righteousness from His people, whom they then beat and in some cases murdered. But who or what then was the vineyard?

One readily admitted correctly that the Vineyard was the land of Judah and Jerusalem specifically, based on the following passage:

“And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, between Me and My vineyard. What could have been done more to My vineyard that I have not done in it? Wherefore when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes? And now go, I will tell you what I will do to My vineyard. I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up. And I will break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down. And I will lay it waste. It shall not be pruned nor digged, but there shall come up briers and thorns. I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain on it. For... He looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.” (Isaiah 5:3-7)

But here is the problem for those whom teach God is done with Israel and that the prophecies about Israel now apply to the church: If Jerusalem was the vineyard, Jesus identified Himself as Heir to the vineyard in this parable. Thus He was clearly identifying Himself as Heir to the earthly throne of Jerusalem. Moreover, the parable says the son was cast out of the vineyard and killed, which coincides perfectly with how Jesus was crucified outside the city walls. So once again we have reference to His being the legitimate Heir to the throne of earthy Jerusalem. There is no other way it can sensibly be interpreted.
     Yet despite proofs like this, those who are heavily invested in the teachings of their denomination refuse to acknowledge such things. They have already attained all the revelation they need from their church, and will therefore rather spiritually stagnate while proudly defending outdated interpretations than receive what the Spirit is revealing. 

The Return Of Spiritual Growth During The End-Times

The worst part is that if they are already limiting themselves now, how much more will they limit themselves in the future? The same groups who now doggedly hold on to outdated interpretations also tend to resist anything revealed through prophetic visions and dreams, despite it being the very means God has promised He was going to use to restore revelation to His true church during the end-times. Demonic spirits, depicted here as "caterpillars, palmerworms, and cankerworms," have stolen away true spiritual food from the people of God, yet so many still pride themselves that what they are teaching truly is "food" for the spiritually starving:

The word of the Lord which came to Joel, the son of Bathuel. "Hear these words, you elders... The leavings of the caterpillar has the locust eaten, and the leavings of the locust has the palmerworm eaten, and the leavings of the palmerworm has the cankerworm eaten... Mourn, you priests who serve at the altar of the Lord, for the plains languish. Let the land mourn, for the corn languishes. The wine is dried up, the oil becomes scarce. The husbandmen starve. Mourn your property on account of the wheat and barley, for the harvest has perished from off the field. The vine is dried up, and the fig-trees are become few. The pomegranate, palm-tree, apple, and all the trees of the field are dried up, for the sons of men have abolished joy... "Now therefore," says the Lord your God, "turn to Me with all your heart, and with fasting and weeping and lamentation. Rend your hearts and not your garments, and turn to the Lord your God… and, because of the years which the locust, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, and the cankerworm have eaten, I shall recompense unto you My great power, which I sent among you. And you shall eat abundantly and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God for the things He has wonderfully wrought among you. And My people shall not be ashamed for ever. And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel… it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. And I will pour out My Spirit upon My servants and My handmaidens in those days. And I will show wonders in the heaven and on earth, blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and glorious Day of the Lord comes." (Joel 1:1, 4, 8-12, 2:12-13, 25-31 LXX)

We are now living in a time of great spiritual starvation because the enemy has over the last two millennium gradually stolen away true spiritual food from God's people. The church's spiritual state now parallels that of ancient Israel during the time Amos was prophesying, when the Lord spoke through him and said:

"Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that I will send forth a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the word of the Lord. And the waters shall be troubled from sea to sea, and from the north to the east shall men run hither and thither, seeking the word of the Lord, but shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and the young men faint for thirst; they who swear by the sin-offering of Samaria, and say, "Your God lives, O Dan," and "Your God lives, O Beersheba." Yet they shall fall, and no more rise again. (Amos 8:11-14, LXX)

Dan and Beersheba were the very southern and northern-most edges of Israel's kingdom, suggesting that no matter were one looked, people could search everywhere throughout God's kingdom to find good preaching of the word of the Lord yet still not find it. Indeed, there is now an incredible famine of the word of God ravaging the landscape of the modern church. No matter how many Christian teachers and preachers one listens to, he or she still nearly always comes away starving and hungry. Saddest of all, most don't even know they're experiencing spiritual starvation because they have been convinced they are being "fed."
     Why did this famine occur? Because the church stopped seeking for the Holy Spirit to be their Teacher a long time ago. As a result, demonic spirits rushed in and began eating away at the accurate teachings of the church until very little was left. The question now is: How many will have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches in the coming years, as He again begins to restore what the enemy has stolen?

[/size]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:38:54 PM by Hidden In Him »